Jake Clark Mule Days

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
Does anyone ever go to Jake Clarks mule days and auction ????

My wife and I are planning on going this year , taking a few extra days to sight see we have never been in that part of the world. I have heard people say that the auction is a lot of put on that the mules don't always bring as much as they look to ???? fake buyers ???

BRYANT":300r0jq1 said:
My wife and I are planning on going this year , taking a few extra days to sight see we have never been in that part of the world. I have heard people say that the auction is a lot of put on that the mules don't always bring as much as they look to ???? fake buyers ???

That may be true of many auctions, you always here that at every sale. Lots of the mules consigned to that sale will sell outside before the auction even starts. The mule will be in the ring as a formality only. The commission, and the buyers check will still go through the auctioneers company. With that in mind, it makes it hard to know what any of the mules actually bring.

That sale attracts a been there done that type of mule. Those will be mules that's been used, not just trained. A mule with a nice handle, and a set of brakes is one thing. A mule that does that, and will cross open country is another. It'll be all legit mules, so I'd suspicion it'd be all legit sales.

It is a long ways to go but from what I have read there is a lot of things to go to before the auction. We are also going to Yellowstone. We have never been past Co, other than in an airplane, so we are just going to make a vacation out of it and do some sightseeing.

Top mule brought 21000.00 seen a couple more that brought 20000.00 some in the 10000.00 to 16000.00 range not a lot went for under 5000.00. Some nice mules were there and a couple that I was not to impressed with. You can watch them in enough events that you kind of know what you are buying. Like all auctions there was a few things that I did not think was all the way right, one of the auctioneers I don't think he always had a bidder when he act like he did and it caught up with him a couple times (That was my idea of it any ways) but for the most part it was a nice mule sale with lots of good mule and some nice mule people would like to go back again if it was not so far away.

Latest posts