Ivomec wormer

Help Support CattleToday:

Ivomec is a bit pricey but is very good "stuff". I've only used the injectable but many folks use the pour on version. I doubt that liver flukes are a problem in your neck of the woods, so "regular" Ivomec (as opposed to IvomecPlus) will probably be fine for you. I worm cattle in late spring and late fall. In particularly bad years (such as with persistent wet weather) and in cases of severe worm problems some folks in my part of the country (and throughout the deep South, I think) will worm their cattle 3 times. In RI the timing of worming is probably a little different than down here, so perhaps you should check with somebody locally --- and you might even need only one treatment.

I have used the Ivomec pour-on dewormer and have been happy with it. As AZ posted, I deworm in the spring and fall. I have used the injectable Ivomec on my hogs, and have been happy with it.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":23a2gh1e said:
I have used the Ivomec pour-on dewormer and have been happy with it. As AZ posted, I deworm in the spring and fall. I have used the injectable Ivomec on my hogs, and have been happy with it.

Katherine
We use it in a Rotation with Cydectin. Good stuff.

denoginnizer":2r8pzkfh said:
Does cydectin kill/prevent liver flukes?

Valbazem Does the Flukes in...We really don't have Fluke problems here, more of a Gulf States thing. I've heard that Flukes are more prevalent in High humidity areas.

Crowderfarms":34yqe863 said:
denoginnizer":34yqe863 said:
Does cydectin kill/prevent liver flukes?

Valbazem Does the Flukes in...We really don't have Fluke problems here, more of a Gulf States thing. I've heard that Flukes are more prevalent in High humidity areas.

Valbazen does a good job... but should not be used in the 1st 21 days of pregancy or for 21 days after you pull .. your bulls.

Latest posts