its to wet

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
ok mind you im not complaining bout the rain.but it has finally gotten to wet.you know its to wet when you cant get the tractor in the hay yard.an its that wet.put 4 bales out for the cows.an was lucky the tractor didnt get stuck,gonna have to start drying up before we can put more hay out.theres getting tobe some green pickings in the pasture for the cows.

We just got anywhere from 1.5 - 3 inches the other day depending on the gauge. Its been pouring since lunch and they say it will rain thru Saturday totalling a possible 5 inches. Thats a lot of water. Been needing it. Probably going to catch up on some sleep tomorrow after I feed the cows. No need in wasting good nap weather. :banana:

i hear you the jo.i know i havent been rushing to work when its cold an wet.so glad yall are getting much needed rain.

Had about 1.5 inches here this morning and most of that fell in about two hours. Looks like we are in a winter pattern where you get a couple of days of dry weather and then a day of soaking rain. We could probably use a good week of drying out.

Agree is so wet I am getting stuck on the rocks. Been taking the tractor and setting hay out beside the road where i can get with the truck now having problems in the fields. Have had ice for three days now not enough to break power lines yet. It is thundering and raining now and freezing on the trees. It freezes warms up a few degrees thaws and get cold and freezes for a while. The robins and geese are moving think spring is soon.

Although we have gotten more rain so far this winter than most we are still under drought conditions and 12-18 inches behind where we should be. We got an inch a week or so ago and the ditch that normally fills from run off was dry the next day. Wasn't even wet enough to make mud.

I for one am sure hoping we good rains come spring so we don't have to worry about our hay growing.

you need some good gully washers your way.an rain like that for a month or so.

Latest posts