It's sure not like the old days.

Help Support CattleToday:

I think instead of using teargas and rubber bullets, they should have boxes of bees or snakes..Just launch it into the crowd and watch them leave...Each store owner should set a box of bees at their doors, or a box of snakes....Would keep looters from even going in their direction................ and i'm serious.

CG8 I like the bee idea. I thought about mixing hot sauce with water and misting crowd with garden hose.

They have a special speaker that is used for riot control that is set to a special frequency that will elicit instant diarrhea. I think that would be better than a lot of things.

Bees are a horrible idea. One person who's allergic gets stung and you're up a creek. Doesn't matter that it's your property and they're there illegally, we live in the land of the tort.

Bestoutwest":3t925510 said:
They have a special speaker that is used for riot control that is set to a special frequency that will elicit instant diarrhea. I think that would be better than a lot of things.

Bees are a horrible idea. One person who's allergic gets stung and you're up a creek. Doesn't matter that it's your property and they're there illegally, we live in the land of the tort.

You are on a roll today Best. My first exposure to tort law was in Montana. I initiated an enforcement action against a company. Turns out I got a couple details about the violation wrong. The owner of the company threatened to file a Tort action against me personally. Even though I was performing my duties as an Agent of the US Environmental Protection Agency, the attorney they assigned me told me that I was basically on my own. I got out of that but on the advice of our attorney, I got 2 million dollars of professional liability insurance to cover me in the event I committed a tortfeasor.

Margonme":2z0ivmvu said:
You are on a roll today Best. My first exposure to tort law was in Montana. I initiated an enforcement action against a company. Turns out I got a couple details about the violation wrong. The owner of the company threatened to file a Tort action against me personally. Even though I was performing my duties as an Agent of the US Environmental Protection Agency, the attorney they assigned me told me that I was basically on my own. I got out of that but on the advice of our attorney, I got 2 million dollars of professional liability insurance to cover me in the event I committed a tortfeasor.

I like the idea of the tort, we need to keep people accountable, but it's a bit out of control today. I think that's one of the reasons that medicine is so expensive in America vs. Europe is that they have tort limits. There's no way a finger is worth $1M, not even to my 5 y/o that picks his nose all the time.

Bestoutwest":uoso8pya said:
Margonme":uoso8pya said:

I like the idea of the tort, we need to keep people accountable, but it's a bit out of control today. I think that's one of the reasons that medicine is so expensive in America vs. Europe is that they have tort limits. There's no way a finger is worth $1M, not even to my 5 y/o that picks his nose all the time.

IDK, some things in life are hard to value. Lol.

This country is in dire need of tort reform.

Kingfisher":2lkex5fp said:
Caustic Burno":2lkex5fp said:
mooo":2lkex5fp said:
some one is doing there best to bring America down from the inside.
You got that right

How come cops are standing there watching kids bust taxpayers business store front windows out??

All I can come up with is, the law isn't the law, and cops would rather write tickets, drink coffee, and eat donuts.

True Grit Farms":ey2bgu8k said:
Kingfisher":ey2bgu8k said:
Caustic Burno":ey2bgu8k said:
You got that right

How come cops are standing there watching kids bust taxpayers business store front windows out??

All I can come up with is, the law isn't the law, and cops would rather write tickets, drink coffee, and eat donuts.

Sounds better than getting into a fight with some drug head.

Kingfisher":2kdeoeou said:
Caustic Burno":2kdeoeou said:
mooo":2kdeoeou said:
some one is doing there best to bring America down from the inside.
You got that right

And why are they doing this to the businesses? They did nothing, seems they just use this as an excuse to loot.

In today's PC climate cops are not able to be cops any longer. They have gutless administrators that won't back them and will turn themselves inside out to get you prosecuted. Back in the day we didn't file a bunch of felonies on a drunk that wanted to fight while being arrested. They would sometimes have to get a stitch or two before going to the drunk tank, but they didn't have to pay thousands to a worthless lawyer to stay out of the pen.

Margonme":21626gu3 said:
True Grit Farms":21626gu3 said:
Kingfisher":21626gu3 said:

Sounds better than getting into a fight with some drug head.

I thought a cop was getting paid to serve and protect? We have let the leaders of this country "politicians" tie the police's hands. Stand down is a job that needs quitting, I'd rather clean bathrooms myself.

tom4018":174b610h said:
Kingfisher":174b610h said:
Caustic Burno":174b610h said:
You got that right

And why are they doing this to the businesses? They did nothing, seems they just use this as an excuse to loot.
Yea but I didn't see em looting. If that was my store I'd be down there protecting it. I might not be that brave if my store was in Oakland. I say the bigger joke was the bit of the news conference today w governor and mayor. Geez sounded like a little league awards banquet. They patted everybody on the back from the police to national guard and I'm sure trophy's will be awarded soon.

Margonme":36avxgrt said:
Bestoutwest":36avxgrt said:

EPA? Really? I knew there was something fundamentally wrong with you. :lol:

lavacarancher":2dvejswo said:
Margonme":2dvejswo said:
Bestoutwest":2dvejswo said:

EPA? Really? I knew there was something fundamentally wrong with you. :lol:

I worked for EPA beginning in 1987 in Helena, Montana. I saved the best for last, in 2005 I moved to Denver to take a position as Remedial Project Manager at the Rocky Mountain Arsenal. Retired in 2010. The Arsenal job was GREAT. I am very lucky. It is now a national refuge. Google it, a great read:

The Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge is a 15,988-acre (64.70 km2) National Wildlife Refuge located adjacent to Commerce City, Colorado, in the United States. It is approximately 8 miles (13 km) northeast of downtown Denver. The facility is on the grounds of the former Rocky Mountain Arsenal, a United States Army chemical weapons manufacturing facility. The site was designated a national wildlife refuge in 1992 by the United States Congress, and underwent a costly environmental cleanup in order to remove pollutants. The refuge is managed by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service. More than 330 species of wildlife inhabit the refuge, including raptors, deer, raccoons, coyotes, white pelicans, black-footed ferrets, black-tailed prairie dogs, and bison.