It's been a BAD week

Help Support CattleToday:

icandoit

Reaction score
Boy, has it ever been. We've had so much rain here in Tx the last couple of weeks or so that it's been hard to keep up with the common chores around the place. Everywhere you go, it's boggy from the rain. We've had about ten or so days of sunshine, so the race is on to catch up. Here's what's happened:

1. Got the truck stuck twice,while I was in the mud trying to clear the mud from underneath the truck, Sadie, my Blue Heeler, comes up and wants to be loved. Had to pull out my truck with John, my JD4630. The wife wouldn't let me into the house covered in mud the way I was so I had to strip outside. A truck came by.

2. The well pump went out and had to use John to clear a path for the well guys to pull the pump.

3.Got John stuck clearing the path to the well.

4 Had to call one of my mentors to come pull John out with his backhoe. He saw it and just laughed. I asked " This ever happen to you?". He said " I've been stuck worse than this before". I felt a little better.

4. Well pump was shot so I put in a 1hp pump in. $1250.00 when all was said and done.

5. One of my Mentors that was helping me load 5 head into the trailer ripped his new shirt on a piece of hanging barbed wire. I bought him a new shirt.

6. As we were loading the cattle, one of the cows got a little too excited and jumped FROM INSIDE THE CHUTE THAT WAS ABOUT 6 FT TALL out into the newly sprigged pasture and ran all over hell and back. She then went to the fence that separates my MIL and her neighbor and jumped THAT fence and into his pasture where she still remains running all ove hell and back. Called the neighbor, who lives in Lake Jackson about 150 miles away. He said just leave her there and when he worms his cattle next month, we would get her then. Thank God he didn't get mad, that's all I would have needed.

7. Tommorrow, Thursday, we go to close the construction loan to build our house and I'm having panic attacks just thinking about how much money we are going to owe. I took a panic pill. I'm allright now.
I feel better now that I've gotton that off my chest.

I think I'll stay in bed today and restart tomorrow because it's raining again. Thanks for listening.

Dick

think that is why they say life is a b----h & then you die. lucky those bad things all come at once, then it gets better again. lord just wants to make us humble

I should've said that the post was written with a little sense of humor at the things that can happen to you. :lol:

Dick

icandoit":3jhcxr67 said:
I should've said that the post was written with a little sense of humor at the things that can happen to you. :lol:

Dick
Keep in mind that things could get really bad.

Yeah, I'm having a rough go at it these last couple of weeks too. At least you don't have 2 calves you are having to supervise and tube feed :roll: and heifers to watch to make sure they calve ok, and.........................
(p.s. need a butthead calf that won't nurse?)

Just remember when it is dry as a bone this summer you will be wishing it would just rain a little bit :D

Just remember when it is dry as a bone this summer you will be wishing it would just rain a little bit

Wow, I was just talking to my buddy about that very thing. I'm hoping we have a summer like we did last year. It was a pretty good summer for rain.

Dick

You know I thought that I was having a bad week until I came to work last Monday and found out that a very special mother of one of my students passed away during spring break. She had beat breast cancer and then it returned and spread all over her body. Now two precious children (first grader and a third grader) lost the best person in their lives. I guess the bad things I am going through right now are not really bad at all.

icandoit, it sounds like that Murphy guy has been hanging around your place, you know the fella that made that awful law in his name. Maybe he'll be gone by morning, and the sun will shine and things will get better.

Katherine

TXCHICK":azmj5rk3 said:
You know I thought that I was having a bad week until I came to work last Monday and found out that a very special mother of one of my students passed away during spring break. She had beat breast cancer and then it returned and spread all over her body. Now two precious children (first grader and a third grader) lost the best person in their lives. I guess the bad things I am going through right now are not really bad at all.

makes you extremely grateful for each and every moment that we are given on this earth to enjoy the hugs, smiles, chocolate syrup kisses and dandellion bouquets from our kids...ya just never know when fate is gonna step in and call in your cards!! these children will be in my prayers tonight!! :cry:

icandoit- that doesnt sound like THAT bad of a week to me. Now the mom dying--THATS a bad week.

Amen to that Katherine.

For the other posts, when it's put in that kind of perspective, I had a pretty good week.

Dick