It's A Boy! I Mean Bull!

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Well, our first Brangus heifer had her calf yesterday and it turned out to be a little bull that weighed about 65 pounds. My youngest son upon seeing the calf decided, against his older brothers wishes, to name him "Spiderman". I will say that I learned allot from this forum. Most every question I had was already asked and answered. Some great people and info.

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DRB, Welcome, Very nice calf 8) Mother and baby are in great shape. Congrats. :D

Way to go...and typical brangus calf too. Not big as a popcorn phart but will take off and grow like rip. Best Wishes. :tiphat:

thats a heck of a nice looking pair thats for sure.an his momma has enough milk to raise the calf.the calf will hitt the ground growing fast.

Thanks very much for all the kind words! :D

She does have good maternal instincts. She's acting like a pro for her first calf. We're so happy that everything worked out great. We thank God for letting us have a good first experience.

This little bulls daddy is a beautiful animal with great EPD's. He is a registered Brangus and is the herd sire of the farm where I bought this heifer. He's as big as a barn but gentle.

This little guy will stay a bull and hopefully turn out as good as his dad.

We have ten more registered heifers and most are ready to be bred. The whole family is having a great time and we're really happy to be part of this forum.

Thanks again!

Rich

Rick what bull is the sire? Just wish that heifer had a better udder. She'll probably raise a great calf but sure looks jerked up bad in the front two quarters. (Just an observation). Keep up the good work. :clap: :clap:

TexasBred":ozzhgt8k said:
Rick what bull is the sire? Just wish that heifer had a better udder. She'll probably raise a great calf but sure looks jerked up bad in the front two quarters. (Just an observation). Keep up the good work. :clap: :clap:

You know its funny but at first the calf was only on one side and it did make her lop sided till he got on the others. She does have one very small teet though. Hopefully its not a problem.

His sire is #449 out of Wilson Brangus Farm in Umatilla Florida. I dont have his papers right here in front of me and cant remember his name. This is a picture of him.

DSC_0089-3.jpg

Congrats on the great looking calf! We have thought many a time of crossing some of our Angus with Brangus. Hope it grows well and there are many more in your future.
Best of luck,
Double R

Latest posts