It's 90 degrees, but winter is coming

Help Support CattleToday:

redcowsrule33

Reaction score
Spent some quality time with the herd today fixing a tank float. Nothing breaks unless it's hot and humid or cold and snowing, just the way it goes... But then I noticed the calves are laying down their winter coats already. A bunch came up to the tank after I got the water going and every single one is fuzzy as a polar bear. (sigh) I guess it's that time of year, sure came quick. In 3 1/2 months we could have blizzards again (last December we had our gates buried up to the top rung with snow). Maybe sweating isn't so bad after all.

redcowsrule33 said:
Spent some quality time with the herd today fixing a tank float. Nothing breaks unless it's hot and humid or cold and snowing, just the way it goes... But then I noticed the calves are laying down their winter coats already. A bunch came up to the tank after I got the water going and every single one is fuzzy as a polar bear. (sigh) I guess it's that time of year, sure came quick. In 3 1/2 months we could have blizzards again (last December we had our gates buried up to the top rung with snow). Maybe sweating isn't so bad after all.[/quote] give me hot anyday,, rather go inside and cool off.... as to warm up

It got up to a dizzy high of 60 yesterday and frost on the ground untill 9am this morning. Welcome to September

i cannot for the life of me figure out why people live in snow country..i did til i was 22 and im so glad to be in fl now

Jogeephus":2c757pll said:
I just wish it would get cooler than 90. 103 yesterday and about the same today. I'm miserable.
cool offs aways come with damage here ... its like maw natures saying, oh you gon get a cool down alright.. you see that big oak there? gonna make a nice load of firewood when im through and make dam sure that tin on the barn is screwd down tight

Latest posts