It just hit me

Help Support CattleToday:

Maineshowgirl

Reaction score
It just hit me a few hours ago that I'm not gettin to be in my favorit place doing what I love. I'm not getting to show Jr Maine Heifers at Texas Majors for the first time in a long time. I got to say this is the first time I've missed high school. I got up this morning and txt my best friend who left this morning at 6 to head to ft worth then drove to walmart this evening one of my best fittin buddys and some friends who still r in school pulled up behind me with there Maines. But what hit me the hardest was seeing my ag teacher leavin out an knowin I'm not in the truck. Well I better stop because Im fixin to start :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: . How do you get though these times of withdraw

Sorry, that really really sucks.

Getting through the withdrawal times?? I dont know . . . see if you can maybe get to a show for a day or two, even just to watch and catch up with everyone. I know for a lot of people the main thing is that some of your best friends are those that you only see at shows, and you only get to see them a few times a year. So it sucks when you cant. Other than that, it usually helps when I've got animals at home to prepare to sort of take my mind off things.

I know how you feel, if that makes it any better.

Actually, just thought, you could always spend more time here ;-)

Thanks I may go to a show tomorrow but it will be boring because everyone I hangout with want be there, but theres always someone who could use some good help may take one of my college buddys with me and then go partie after the show haha. I may spend more time on here I'm never home that much now but I still try to get on an see whtz up. lol ;-) thanks guys just getting to talk helpz. :wave:

Glad you sound like you are feeling a bit better about it all.

I do know what you mean, this year will be the first year I will have ever shown MY OWN ANIMALS, but I have to wait till 9th February for our autumn show season to start. Its just making the withdrawals even worse.

But the only thing is that now the guy I was goin to clip for doesnt no if he going now :roll: gosh

You wait anxiously until you have kids...then you make them show!!
That is how you get through it. I couldn't wait until the kids were old enough to show!!
:D :banana:

yup yup my kids better like showing because they r going to be lol I wouldnt push them but they will not wont to be around me lol ;-) Thatz the best part

Why stop showing? A boy who graduated with one of our sons is continuing to show in the Open Shows at the majors. He has shorthorns.

If you only showed steers, why not find a good heifer to show?

Because I really dont have the time right know because I work full time and go to college full time, I mean if I wouldnt had to go to school this week I would have been at Ft Worth ;-) . But I will be showing the open shows in another year when I tansfer schools to SHSU they have Angus not a big fan but I'll be good with them as long as they got bunchs and bunchs of hair ;-).

I understand. You do what you have to do. I have two kids in College.
Are any of your friends going to HLSR? The junior show is during most schools Spring Break.
Good luck.

Yup Yup I gotz buddys going to HLSR I will be there at the week of Jr heifer show If I have to skip school to go to the Jr Maine show I will do so my big red maine I showed last year will be showing there and may have a calf at side :D We got 2nd out of 15 last year there but Im looking for a banner this year. I'm not a fan of skipping school but for the Maine show I will and would. Then I have to check the dates for SAN antonio I may hit that one too lol ;-)

MY MOTTO IS "I'd rather be breaking down a heifer than listining to you ramble on about that dern english Mrs. Manning!" Every one that i know would rather go to a show than stay at school.

I didnt never have to skip I had e days lol I was at more shows then at school I thank they thought i was a new student when I was around between shows :lol:

Misty":3fbq2z1e said:
You wait anxiously until you have kids...then you make them show!!
That is how you get through it. I couldn't wait until the kids were old enough to show!!
:D :banana:
Misty, dont you know that youre not suppose to "make" them like these things. You gotta do it like I did.
"manipulate" the circumstances so much that they love doing it. Neve made em go to a single show but they always loved it.

I had to make mine until they made it to their first fair. Then they loved it. My daughter not so much, but my son does.
She is the homey project type.

Why quit indeed? I'm over 40 and LOVE showing! Of course I don't have to skip school to do it! Show open! Different experience then showing junior, but loads of fun, and mostly great people.

Latest posts