It didn't seem like a bad idea in April

Help Support CattleToday:

jkwilson

Reaction score
When we had this embryo put in. :cboy: Didn't know we'd have 5" of snow on the ground, howling wind and 15 degrees though. :dunce: Due tomorrow.

I wimped out and put her in the barn so I don't have to go exploring during the night. No real serious signs yet except teats starting to get bigger. On my way out in 4 minutes to check her before bed, then 2am if anything looks like it's going on, then tomorrow at 5am to start the new day. My son is home tomorrow so I can stay at work.

Ya'll cross your fingers and think heifer thoughts. 5 embryos last year. 4 bulls and a lineback heifer that tried to run through a barn wall everytime you got near her. I'm due.

High dollar cow and high dollar bull this time, and I'd love to have even a shadow of the mother in my herd.

LaneFarms":2mrnce3r said:
good luck, hopefully she will wait a couple days til it warms up.

No such luck. Bag showing. Gonna be tonight. Luckily I have a miserable cold and am doped up on cold medicine. I'll probably be asleep in the barn before the night's over. :(

Little lady up and looking for dinner. :clap: Shots and iodine done and we lived through it. Cow is a basket case the first two weeks, but a momma and a half. Got her head in a feed bucket and snuck in and closed the gate behind us.

Congrats on getting your heifer. Where's the pictures and the CEEEGARS! :banana: :banana: :clap: :clap:

3waycross":3uzspbtj said:
Congrats on getting your heifer. Where's the pictures and the CEEEGARS! :banana: :banana: :clap: :clap:

All I had was my phone. The flash wouldn't light her up and I wasn't going to move in range of the cow for a picture. Might get one tonight when I let them out to go to a dry stall.

Remitall Online is the bull, and the cow is of the same class or better IMO. You pays your money and you takes your chances.

Congratulations on the heifer! Embryos don't always work out. I worked for a well-known Simmental breeder in the 90's. He had a cow that would wean off the heaviest calf every year, and some pretty danged good ones at that. He decided to try and flush her. We flushed 21 embryos, planted 13, and EVERY one was a dink...

Pictures!

DSC_0041-1.jpg

Let us out!

DSC_0057.jpg

Side view with momma on duty

DSC_0058.jpg

On the way out

DSC_0060.jpg

Travelling always makes us thirsty

DSC_0063.jpg

Meeting part of the herd (Notice the bull checking the cow!)

DSC_0066-2.jpg

A Novemeber heifer checking out the new arrival.

Congratulations on a healthy, absolutely adorable, heifer calf ... :banana: :tiphat:

Embryos make nail chewing a necessity, from implanting, pregnancy , calf on the ground and then the first few months of age to ensure they stay healthy. BUT when it works it is heavenly .. :D

Latest posts