It ain't hornets

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":36y02yfi said:
skyhightree1":36y02yfi said:
Jogeephus":36y02yfi said:
Anyone ever seen a tiny insect - beetle type thing - that is about the size of a fire ant that spits out an acid that burns like a yellow jacket sting? Been working in Hades lately and I've run into one of these devils every day so far and they hurt almost as much as a yellow jacket sting and will burn for several minutes. I can't really describe what they look like because I smash them on reflex as soon as they set fire to me but all I can really describe is the smashed carcass looks beetle-like and no bigger than an ant. Any ideas what this creature from he77 might be called?

Bombardier beetle

Sky, can these things be tiny .... like the size of an ant but maybe even a hair bit smaller?

I believe so most are like ant size though

Then that might be it. I'd catch one whole but my instinct and reflexes are to smash the ba$tards which is why I think I'd make a poor bee keeper. :oops:

Jogeephus":3qmugiav said:
Then that might be it. I'd catch one whole but my instinct and reflexes are to smash the ba$tards which is why I think I'd make a poor bee keeper. :oops:

:lol: I sold some ddg yesterday to a guy and he had 3 hives and bees were all over them about 20' away while unloading the ddg talk about nervous

skyhightree1":8keuo18l said:
Jogeephus":8keuo18l said:

:lol: I sold some ddg yesterday to a guy and he had 3 hives and bees were all over them about 20' away while unloading the ddg talk about nervous

A fella was trying to get me interesting in bee keeping and took me to his hives to show how docile they were. One problem, the hives had been taken over by Africanized bees and they attacked us. I learned beekeepers are liars - or at least he was - because he had told me if you get stung by one don't kill it and don't run. He did both leaving me chasing him to the safety of his house.

Jogeephus":21iy15dz said:
skyhightree1":21iy15dz said:
Jogeephus":21iy15dz said:

A fella was trying to get me interesting in bee keeping and took me to his hives to show how docile they were. One problem, the hives had been taken over by Africanized bees and they attacked us. I learned beekeepers are liars - or at least he was - because he had told me if you get stung by one don't kill it and don't run. He did both leaving me chasing him to the safety of his house.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Sorry for the duplication if somebody already said this, but tsetse fly. Don't know exactly which episode but watch Gilligan's Island for more info.

Latest posts