Isn't Technology Grand

Help Support CattleToday:

Train

Reaction score
Had my bank card skimmed apparently. Buggers took $500.

Actually the bank credited my account right away. Our city near by took a huge hit over the weekend and that's probably why.

Any idea where it happened? My sister had it happen to her a few years back, she figured it was at a coffee shop, she said the girl took her card for payment and turned her back to her for a few seconds and took something out of her pocket. She figures it was a hand held scanner they use to collect info off the card and then sell the loaded scanner to some low life. She got her money back from the bank also.

Alan

No idea at all. My wife works for the bank we deal with and they have a video on the scam. She says you just wouldn't believe the technology that the thieves have at their disposal. Another thing is that they will collect info for like a year before using it to make the withdrawal. She said the bank was just flooded yesterday with people that had been scammed. When I went in to get a new card today it was the same thing. And that's just one branch of one bank. Also yesterday the withdrawals were as far apart as Edmonton ,Alberta to Winnipeg, Manitoba and they all happened on Saturday.

Well it looks like they've found the offending location. It was at a large fast food restaurant. Not some little joint but a large chain. We don't go there a lot, maybe once or twice a month, depending when we're in town. Sounds like there was more than one "device" so I'm guessing inside job.

My new card has that chip technology. Wife says it's been in use for years in Europe and it hasn't been cracked yet.

Latest posts