Is Wal-Mart weird where you live?

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan

Reaction score
It was mentioned in another thread about how Wal-Mart brings out the crazies, and that reminded me that I have read negative experiences about Wal-Mart on other forums, as if it's where the weirdos shop and normal people rarely go. Hmmm.

Where I live in KY, just about every surrounding county has a Wal-Mart, and I never gave a second thought to it being a weird place to shop. I'm a guy, and if i need to do some shopping, it seems like the go-to place.

Do I ever see weirdos there? Sure i do. Just the other day I was buying a Father's Day card and a group of redneck women(you know, the bad rednecks, not the good ones like me) were browsing using bad language and trying to get attention. It actually felt strange to see and hear that there. Around here, Wal-Mart seems to draw a respectable crowd. I usually see people I know there, and all the community seems to go there: teachers, doctors, farmers, factory workers, etc.

I was talking to a lady the other day who had been sick in the hospital and not able to get out of the house for a while. She finally got the strength to go to town with her daughter, and she mentioned that she went to Wal-Mart and stayed about an hour. She said, "I didn't know if I'd ever be able to go there again or not." She almost shed a tear when she said it.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that Wal-Mart is a great place if it isn't in your area, you know what it's like where you live, but I'm often surprised that it seems to be a weirdo magnet in other areas, but around here, I've always considered it a normal shopping place.

So, is Wal-Mart truly the store for crazies where you live? If you avoid Wal-Mart, where is the go-to for your shopping.

I don't go in to sight see..I get what I need and I"m gone. But...you'll always see one of those that make you laugh, smile or dam near pee your pants laughing. But we're everywhere. :mrgreen:

If you think it's weird at walmart you need to look at your community as a whole. WW is just a microsom of the community it is in.

dun":32625q1m said:
If you think it's weird at walmart you need to look at your community as a whole. WW is just a microsom of the community it is in.

Good point. That's what I was thinking. I see about the same people at Wal-Mart that I see everywhere else around here, although, we don't have a Saks Fifth Avenue store.
We even have a Wal-Mart account at our school, and as a bonus at times, they give us Wal-Mart cards at Christmas and such.

Any time you get a bunch of people together now a days there will be some very weird characters. What puzzles me most is the clothes some people wear shopping, it's like look at me I have a screw loose. I try and stay away from weird people, I haven't learned to keep my mouth shut yet.

highgrit":10lbfze6 said:
Any time you get a bunch of people together now a days there will be some very weird characters. What puzzles me most is the clothes some people wear shopping, it's like look at me I have a screw loose. I try and stay away from weird people, I haven't learned to keep my mouth shut yet.

I could start a new thread just on how people dress these days. It seems like the more body people can show these days the better, and I see many people that I don't want to see their body, and I extend that courtesy to them by keeping myself fully clothed when in public.

In this small-but-growing-by-leaps-and-bounds town,there is one grocery store (HEB) and one Wal~Mart
The HEB is being expanded to super-sized,the W~M is already a super,but it too is being expanded.
Not too many weird people,but we are importing from Cali.. :frowns: :hide:
Google Bastrop,Texas

I think Dun pegged that one.
I don't think they're any weirder than anyplace else around town.
Not actually as weird as I see in Old Town Fort Collins, but it's a college town, so it can get pretty weird sometimes.

My husband saw a young woman with her boyfriend somewhere (gas station or something like that) that he wanted to go find something to cover her up, her shorts were so short. He was totally shocked! He asked why young women do not have more respect for themselves to dress like that. He grew up in the 60's and can appreciate the mini skirt, but... well...this was not the same at all he said.

herofan, I don't find pleasure in saying this. The Wal-Mart in Maysville, KY is a sad commentary on the character of the community. I lived in Denver prior to retiring and returning to KY. Although there are extreme cases (bizarre garments that the odd duck might wear), the Wal-Mart in Denver reflected a much higher standard. I know this is gross, but you frequently smell BO here. You smell the odors of tobacco use. Forgive me for brutal honesty, but one rarely sees a nice healthy looking woman. In fact, the older ladies look better than the young ones. Candidly, they don't have to be skinny. I think full framed women are attractive. But a large percentage of the women have spare tires hanging everywhere not just around their mid-sections. The men look just as bad.

I think it is a symptom of a very poor economic climate. People here are beat down. They work and get nowhere. I have had several people tell me they live here and drive about 120 miles round trip to the Cincinnati metro area to work. They are employed in low pay jobs and the cost to travel back and forth consumes half their net pay. Incentives to work are disappearing in this state.

I've heard that there is a weird Wal-Mart in OK that sells pink chaps, and ty dye duct tape.There is also some weird midget that rides his Shetland pony around in the store late at night.

Ours is a freak show, only surpassed by a trip to the Dollar Geneal. Which by the way is where I shop.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

6315.jpg

Our Wal-Mart attracts the weirdos. Fat, lazy looking people that wear their pajamas to town.

They have a hoard of snot nosed dirty kids they don't take care of and then pay for it all on my dime with their gov't. EBT cards.

Too lazy to put the cart back where it belongs, so it rolls away and bangs a car. (I left a note on a car informing the owner of their new dent, description of the vehicle, driver and licence plate. :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Watched a reality show a while back called Hardcore Pawn - Les Gold, now there's a crazy bunch :shock:

red angus 2010":9s9p3hzg said:
Not just wal mart but all around me. That is why if I could find a way I would never go past our property lines except at my choosing.
Doggone Red...that sounds like living in a nursing home. :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts