Is this True?

Help Support CattleToday:

ClodHopper37869

Reaction score
Overheard part of this conversation, 1 older farmer said there are only 3 true black hide cattle breeds, Angus, Holstein, and I missed the 3ed one. And I think he was talking about the 1940-50's before we made black Limousin, black Simmental, black Hereford

I believe that Chianina are black hided. I think that some of the fullblood Wagyu imports from Japan were black. Also galloway cattle are (mostly) black hided from Scotland.

Overheard part of this conversation, 1 older farmer said there are only 3 true black hide cattle breeds, Angus, Holstein, and I missed the 3ed one. And I think he was talking about the 1940-50's before we made black Limousin, black Simmental, black Hereford
Well he's right about the US in 1940, but wrong about the rest of the world.

Galloways and Welsh Black are true blacks as well.

Full blooded Chianina is white, not black hided.

Galloways and Welsh Black are true blacks as well.

Full blooded Chianina is white, not black hided.
I believe Chianina have white hair, but black hide, hooves and tongue. They are tall and can jump most any fence.

I believe Chianina have white hair, but black hide, hooves and tongue. They are tall and can jump most any fence.

That's nice, but they're not true black cattle, period. Lot of white cattle have black skin.

I agree they are not black cattle. They are white. Original post was about black HIDED cattle - cattle with black skin. Which they are.
Then I guess Romagnola, Marchigiana, Piedmontese, British White, White Park, Brahman and Randall Lineback are black hided as well 🤷‍♂️

Actually you can delete (on paper) but in real life, ''You can never undo a do"

Latest posts