Is La Ready?

Help Support CattleToday:

fourstates

Reaction score
I am watching the 10 pm news out of Shreveport, and it's showing the preparations if Gustav hits Louisiana. In Shreveport, they are using an old mall and old Sams as a supply warehouses for the Red Cross. The fairgrounds have over 700 animal cages being set up for pet evacuees. The Guard is sending 1500 troops tonight to New Orleans and a few hundred buses are being staged. I couldn't help being moved by seeing a large convoy of ambulances being sent to Alexandria tonight for staging.

My daughter, husband and new baby live in Houston, they are going to Dallas for the holiday weekend, and will stay if the hurricane hits. but they evacuated when Rita was projected, it took 19 hours (290 miles) to get to my house. Then the storms hit us way up here. They are pretty jaded now, and probably won't be so quick to leave next time...I hope that those people that need to leave can leave and do leave.

Do you think we have learned anything from Katrina?

I would hope so. I carried supplies to Mississippi to help them and I was amazed that Florida DOT was weighing trucks carrying supplies. That pissed me off. I also learned BP was gouging on fuel by 30 cents per gallon more than any other company. I think the people will be better prepared but I doubt the politicians can be taught a thing.

I hope our knuckle headed governor learned his lesson the last time. Put the guard and state troopers at the border, and let Louisiana keep the murders, thugs, and freeloaders from New Orleans. The rest of you folks are mighty welcome. We are still dealing with the problems from New Orleans here all the time.

houstoncutter":298wjmmm said:
I hope our knuckle headed governor learned his lesson the last time. Put the guard and state troopers at the border, and let Louisiana keep the murders, thugs, and freeloaders from New Orleans. The rest of you folks are mighty welcome. We are still dealing with the problems from New Orleans here all the time.
Sorry about that, Yall sure didn't get the best we have to offer with that bunch. Crime rates went up everywhere they were sent.

from what i heard they are alot better prepared if the hurracane hitts.they already have a bunch of trucks an personal at collage station ready to roll when it hitts.my neice an her hubby live in houston.an i doubt they will leave.they tryed to come home when it hitt there 2yrs ago,but got stuck in traffic for 6 or 8hrs.almost ran out of gas.so they went back home an rode it out.

Latest posts