Is it that hard to find a truck

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
GMC, Chevrolet, RAM, or Ford I can't find what I want. Any Brand - No dealer in my area has one.

Regular Cab, Diesel, 4WD, Dually, Automatic

What's the dang deal?

The kids call a regular cab a canoe. Only three people can ride in it, and uncomfortably at that. For resale sake you may want consider something bigger.

Craig Miller":bl2itjgl said:
Is it because you want a regular cab? Seems like nobody wants those anymore.
Boy aint that the truth! All I see at dealers are the 4 full size door jobs that have about half of a bed.

If a delaer doesn;t have what you want they can go on a dealer hotline (kind of like the parts hotline for junk yards) and usually find just about anything you want. Then they buy it from the other dealer or do a swa with them and sell it to you.

Ya'lls right. That regular cab breaks the deal. The four door adds 3 or $4K to the price.

I think I know where there's a few rams if your interested. That's the exact truck I bought in 07 except I didn't want a automatic, I got a 6spd.

I know those late model Four door Fords are like getting an efficiency apartment with the truck when the back seat is folded up. Why wouldn't you want a 4 door other than the added cost?

Kingfisher":1eaoyj0y said:
I know those late model Four door Fords are like getting an efficiency apartment with the truck when the back seat is folded up. Why wouldn't you want a 4 door other than the added cost?
I didn't want it because I don't have other people that ride with me, I don't need to haul that much stuff in the cab, I don't need the extra lenght, I don't need the extra weight, and by the time I am done with a truck resale isn't a big deal anyway, after 10 or 15 years I've got my money's worth. So I wouldn't give you 100$ for it on a farm and work truck.

Now for a daily driver and making longer trips I sure wouldn't mind a long bed 4 door daully. In fact that will be my next truck and I'll keep my current truck for feeding and working.

Kingfisher":25lkr8l5 said:
I have stuff to carry in the bed and those full size 4 doors sure cuts down on pay load space

Maybe look at commercial trucks. Any reason not to have a flatbed? Insurance is DIRT cheap and they can take a beating.

Regular cab truck is like a Day Cab semi. Worst thing about either is that all the crap in the truck gets put on the passenger seat and/or floorboard. When you come to needing the space, then your cramming all the crap into the middle area. Add a 3rd passenger, then your in for fun.

I would seriously consider atleast an extended cab. Having that little extra room behind the seat gives alot of storage for books, rifles, supplies that need protection from the outside, etc.

If you don't have the people requirement for a crewcab, a crew cab just allow you to keep more junk inside the truck cab.

Hook":200alzpg said:
Chevy just had a commercial on during the Olympics that showed a gay male couple and 2 kids and how normal that was
According to my kids, this is the in thing @ high school...gay couples. I suggested they not go for the in thing in that case!

Latest posts