Is it that hard to find a truck

Help Support CattleToday:

Hook":2pyqc4f6 said:
Chevy just had a commercial on during the Olympics that showed a gay male couple and 2 kids and how normal that was

How'd that come about?

Hook":lvfhp4jf said:
HDRider":lvfhp4jf said:
Hook":lvfhp4jf said:
Chevy just had a commercial on during the Olympics that showed a gay male couple and 2 kids and how normal that was

How'd that come about?
Just thought you might find it pertinent in your choices.

To appeal to a small minority of the American public they offend the majority
Genius marketing
I'd walk before I'd buy one after that bs

Hook":2i1lhitw said:
Disgusting ain't it
It really is to be honest. We prolly should start another thread to discuss it. I have plenty to say.

To the OP, unless you are pulling heavy loads all the time, do not discount the 6.2 Ford gas motor. I have 2013, 6.2, auto, Crewcab, 4x4, 3.73 and its doing very well. I have had diesels since 1984 with the 6.9 and I was Cummins guy since 1997. I dont really tow over 12k now and the gasser is working good so far. I got the truck down to 29k, and with trade, was out the door for 24k.
The 8k upgrade on sticker and the .20-.50 per gallon difference at the pump was a hard pill for me to swallow. If NG takes hold, a gasser should be cheaper to convert.

HDRider":k9e4k098 said:
GMC, Chevrolet, RAM, or Ford I can't find what I want. Any Brand - No dealer in my area has one.

Regular Cab, Diesel, 4WD, Dually, Automatic

What's the dang deal?
If I was buying a single cab I would buy a dodge they have ALOT more room behind the seat and also seem to have more leg room
I am 6'4" and am more comfortable in it than I am the chevy and ford single cabs

I will sell ya a dodge like you want except it isn"t a dually :D

Angus Cowman":2am59218 said:
http://www.31dodge.com/new/Ram/2013-Ram-3500-4f90a1c90a0a006400ee88747b4657c5.htm
here ya go the prices are usually the best around
That's probably not bad, here the other day a slt with a 6spd was just over 34k, I thought that wasn't to bad because in 2007 I paid 32k for mine.

denvermartinfarms":x1rgqoj8 said:
Angus Cowman":x1rgqoj8 said:
http://www.31dodge.com/new/Ram/2013-Ram-3500-4f90a1c90a0a006400ee88747b4657c5.htm
That's probably not bad, here the other day a slt with a 6spd was just over 34k, I thought that wasn't to bad because in 2007 I paid 32k for mine.
And Dodge is the last of the standard tranny's....... This auto tranny thing is hard to get use to. If the OP tows heavy, dont discount the medium duty trucks.. they have some sweet options.

Hook":2x401d8v said:
HDRider":2x401d8v said:
Hook":2x401d8v said:

How'd that come about?
Just thought you might find it pertinent in your choices.
I would say get your head out your A$$, but...I test drove a Dodge & Ford today....

HDRider":372f3yuy said:
I would say get your head out your A$$, but...I test drove a Dodge & Ford today....
Gonna be hard to beat the dodge engine and fuel mileage, and For a automatic that aisin 6spd is sure enough alright.

saltbranch":93q1pfkf said:
denvermartinfarms":93q1pfkf said:
Angus Cowman":93q1pfkf said:
And Dodge is the last of the standard tranny's....... This auto tranny thing is hard to get use to. If the OP tows heavy, dont discount the medium duty trucks.. they have some sweet options.
When I hear that dodge isn't going to put Manuel 6spds in trucks anymore, I hope to be where I can go buy a brand new one and make it last a long time.

I personally wouldn't want a regular cab dually I like the cab room even thought you may not cart people around you may have to one day and its nice being comfortable. My personal trucks are all either extended cab or 4 door .. even the f250 farm truck is the extended cab with opening doors. The crew trucks used in my business are regular cab though.

skyhightree1":27gplnf6 said:
I personally wouldn't want a regular cab dually I like the cab room even thought you may not cart people around you may have to one day and its nice being comfortable. My personal trucks are all either extended cab or 4 door .. even the f250 farm truck is the extended cab with opening doors. The crew trucks used in my business are regular cab though.
I have decided to go with the crew cab. The price diff is not as much as I thought, plus they really make the truck a bit of an odd ball. I might keep this truck forever, but there might come a time I want to sell it.

I got two vehicles to sell before I buy. One is a drop top so I will wait till it warms up a little to sell it.

Looks like it will cost me almost $50K. That Ford I drove was $65K. Who pays that much for a truck? I wonder how high they go?

Truck prices have soared over the last 10 years its crazy who would have known they would start making them out of platinum. Lol my wife's truck or SUV is bought new business truck a few were new but honestly I'd rather someone else loose that instant 10 grand by driving it new off the lot. I don't mind buying trucks with 6k-25k miles.

skyhightree1":htcfan8r said:
Truck prices have soared over the last 10 years its crazy who would have known they would start making them out of platinum. Lol my wife's truck or SUV is bought new business truck a few were new but honestly I'd rather someone else loose that instant 10 grand by driving it new off the lot. I don't mind buying trucks with 6k-25k miles.
I started looking in that direction. Hard to find. Most seem high miles and high price, so I decided to go new.

There are "work trucks" at dealers with standard cab, automatic and 8 ft bed but they tend to be gas not diesel.

I think a lot of folks are questioning the need for a diesel these days. Diesel fuel is 90 cents a gallon higher than gas right now. The better mileage on a diesel is not near enough to offset the difference in fuel cost. Assuming you are using highway fuel.

I have to have my diesel tank heater plugged in 24/7 when the temperature is below zero. A gas engine doesn't need the baby sitting a diesel does in cold weather.

Diesels are the thing to have in an over the road long distance highway truck. I'm not sure they make sense for a farm truck. Higher initial cost and weight also.

Jim

HD, I am buying a new truck shortly. It going to be a Ram 2500 with a 6.4 gas engine. Ram has a 100k mile engine and drive train warranty on it. It will be the first gas truck for me since 1986. Diesel trucks are getting out of hand IMO. The cost of maintenance and the price of fuel is wearing on me. I feel like a dang fool driving my diesel truck when I'm not towing a trailer around. Jim your making sense to me.

My quandary is that I am buying this truck to haul. I know I will drive it some as my get around vehicle. I am about to enter a stage in life that money inflow is going to drop substantially. I may buy me a little get around Jeep or something when the time comes.

Are you guys saying I should consider gas over diesel if I am pulling a full 20' cattle trailer or a 7 bale hauler?

7bale-gooseneck-1.jpg

L_thumb_120_DSC02805.jpg

I went gas on my new truck, mainly due to initial cost, the .20-.50 per gallon difference at the pump and the repair expense on the new diesels.Another thing that swayed me to gas, I have a buddy that owns a hotshot company. He is running 35 1 ton Fords/Dodges diesels and he is replacing them with gas trucks now. According to him, he has had too much down time and expense with the newer diesel trucks. he is keeping the pre DEF and running those still.
I don't tow anything heavy like I use to, about 8-12k on a regular basis and 15k prolly being my heaviest. I just hauled 12k on a 100 mile trip, averaged 9.2 mpg. Granted I don't have 800 lbs of torque, I have 400 lbs which is equal to the diesels of the late 90's. We have several of the 6.2 gassers in our fleet at work and they have been very good trucks. They get beat on pretty hard, driven by multiple drivers. We have several approaching 200k and with general maintenance. nothing out of the ordinary repair wise. Seeing/driving those trucks influenced my decision to go Ford. I really wanted to test drive the Dodge 6.4 Hemi, but I could not find any in my area.
Anyways that was my reasoning to go gas this time around.