Is it big enough ?

Help Support CattleToday:

rjbovine

Reaction score
I have a NH 5610s 65hp pto. Will it have enough horse power to run a case rs551/Hesston 855 baler. These balers bale a 5x5 bale. Thank you .

A delaer for those balers should be able to answer that. They will know what HP is recommended for them.

I don't know much about round balers, but to me it sounds small.. might work OK if you don't have heavy swaths or you go slow

Nesikep":294d52aj said:
I don't know much about round balers, but to me it sounds small.. might work OK if you don't have heavy swaths or you go slow

^^^This^^^^

65HP would be fine on an old school 5x5 baler like a Hesston 5500 or one of the NH chain balers. Might be a challenge with the newer balers that produce tighter/heavier bales :idea:

I just know balers are power hungry.. even square balers take a fair bit of power, and 65hp would be about right for a 16x18" square baler if you have any sort of heavy swaths or steep hills. You can often get by with less power if you're willing to slow your feed speeds down. My baler (square) is a NH282.. very old school, it needs about 40hp just to turn it in heavy cuts, plus another 30 to pull it if you've got hills.

As dun said, asking the dealer on recommended power for that baler would be a good place to start..

Latest posts