Is anyone here a Cooperator Breeder?

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
Is anyone here a cooperator breeder with any of the large ranches? Stevenson Basin, Camp Cooley, R.A. Brown, Leachman....etc? I have some questions about it.

Copeman, if I can ask, are you talking about a cooperator herd as in a cooperator putting embryos in their cows for a large outfit or something else?

Nebraska Sandhills":1e2ti6o3 said:
Copeman, if I can ask, are you talking about a cooperator herd as in a cooperator putting embryos in their cows for a large outfit or something else?

He's talking about supplying bulls to their sale.

They call those "Cooperators". :roll:

MikeC":2my7t2sw said:
Nebraska Sandhills":2my7t2sw said:

He's talking about supplying bulls to their sale.

They call those "Cooperators". :roll:

Yes MikeC, your right

THG":1r6ey1pj said:
CopeMan, what breed of bulls do you raise?

THG

None right now, Angus would be great. Brangus would be pretty cool to raise for a cooperator. If I was a R.A. Brown cooperator I would wanna do Red Angus or SimAngus for them maybe??? I dunno this all new to me, Ever since I got that call form Camp Cooley Ive become very interested in it.

email me, you might want to look twice at the coop program if its not with the RIGHT program.

I would encourage you to talk to the other cooperators of the firms that you are considering raising cattle for. Even better, you could do some homework to find out which cooperators used to raise cattle for a certain ranch but don't do it any longer, and ask them why they no longer participate.

Some of these relationships have been very profitable for cooperators and others have been real headaches and ended up costing the producer in the long run.

UG":uupwtyr9 said:
I would encourage you to talk to the other cooperators of the firms that you are considering raising cattle for. Even better, you could do some homework to find out which cooperators used to raise cattle for a certain ranch but don't do it any longer, and ask them why they no longer participate.

Some of these relationships have been very profitable for cooperators and others have been real headaches and ended up costing the producer in the long run.

Okay, but which ones in your opinion would be good. I also found out that Cow Creek Ranch in Alabama has a bull cooperator program.

I know an outfit that was a Leachman Cooperator they sold half of there bulls through the Leachman sale and got half of what they brought and no recognition. They also had a hard time selling the other half as everyone knew the top half of the bull crop went elsewhere. To make matters worse they had several bulls just disappear up at leachmans followed by a letter that said they couldn't pay them for the ones they just sold.

Be careful

I'm watching the Camp Cooley sale. They're toward the end of the Angus bull sale and are selling bulls for $1900-$2000. If you're a cooperator and getting half of that sale price, are you going to be pleased? Early in the sale they sold bulls for much higher prices. I saw one sell for $11,000, but I think they have too many bulls. And the Chars haven't sold yet.

Frankie":38dkaiq4 said:
I'm watching the Camp Cooley sale. They're toward the end of the Angus bull sale and are selling bulls for $1900-$2000. If you're a cooperator and getting half of that sale price, are you going to be pleased? Early in the sale they sold bulls for much higher prices. I saw one sell for $11,000, but I think they have too many bulls. And the Chars haven't sold yet.

True, true!! What are some other Cooperators? Smaller ones.

CopeMan":d03iw5gm said:
Frankie":d03iw5gm said:

True, true!! What are some other Cooperators? Smaller ones.

A friend who sold some Char bulls at Camp Cooley as a Cooperator just e-mailed me. He went out there for the weekend.

He sold Char bulls and said they brought $2520 average.

He also said the Brangus bulls brought more money than the Angus or Chars by a large margin and the Chars topped the Angus..

High selling Brangus bull brought $140,000.00 for 1/2 interest.

He won't know whether he is pleased or not until he gets his check..........................................

Latest posts