?? Irrigation pumps -- re-builders/sellers

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
We are re-doing our irrigation system. Won't got into all the details, but looking for a high pressure irrigation pump (electric fed), minimum 15 HP, to feed a line that includes 5 or 6 risers. Won't be running off all risers at the same time. We'll run a couple of Big Gun sprinklers off fire hose, and probably (hopefully) a reel. A new pump like that is super spendy. Can you recommend an outfit that re-builds and re-sells?

There is a place in Kamloops that does motor/pump rebuilding.. Look for "Kamloops Electric motor sales and service ltd".. Phone 250 372 9822. You have a bit of an edge with the dollar difference right now too.

If you know of anyone who needs a 100hp (40 hp start max) rotary phase converter we have one for sale.. sounds bigger than what you need though, if you even need one.

Nesikep":1s6rd1u4 said:
There is a place in Kamloops that does motor/pump rebuilding.. Look for "Kamloops Electric motor sales and service ltd".. Phone 250 372 9822. You have a bit of an edge with the dollar difference right now too.

If you know of anyone who needs a 100hp (40 hp start max) rotary phase converter we have one for sale.. sounds bigger than what you need though, if you even need one.

PM me about that Nesi . . . you're talking bigger language than I even have a clue about!!

Is the water far (elevation wise) from the field?

There have been a lot of technological advancements in sprinklers, there are models that perform better and more uniformly under lower pressure.

Remember that any pressure more than what's needed to get the water to the sprinkler head is a waste of energy.. Of course they ALL need a certain of pressure to throw the water, but it's something to keep in mind. It's better to increase the nozzle size to get the water flow than increase the pressure. Also lower pressure has bigger droplets, which don't evaporate as much and you have less loss due to evaporation.

I'm not exactly sure where the dividing line is between high pressure, and high volume.. If your place is about 100 ft above the river (i'm guessing here), that will take 45 PSI to get the water up there, then you'll probably need about 40-50 psi to run the sprinkler, for 90-100 PSI total.. I think that would be considered a high pressure system.

You might look into a variable frequency drive (VFD). It allows you to set the desired water pressure you want, and the system will maintain that pressure by speeding up or slowing down the pump. If you shut everything off the system goes to sleep. They are expensive but your power company may help pay for a large portion of it.

Latest posts