Irrigation

Help Support CattleToday:

Isia Company

Reaction score
Dear Members.

I'm Matheus Guidotti, from Isia Company.
I'm learning about American livestock, reading cattletoday and doing research in America.
We are going to test a solid set pod irrigation for grass in Idaho.
Could someone give me an opinion regarding the negative points of the pod irrigation system (mobile lines), from purchase, use, time spent shifiting the irrigation pod lines.
The solid set pod irrigation is basically 17 pods per acre or 42 pods per hectare, spacing 15 metres betwen sprinklers and laterral lines.
Does anyone know how many millimeters is necessary to irrigate pastures in Idaho?

Attachments

• Solid set pod irrigation Isia.png
    Solid set pod irrigation Isia.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I don't have any information in front of me. It will vary a lot as Idaho is big state with a lot of variation in climate and soil types. As a ball park number I would guess 24 inches fo water over the growing season. I would contact the Soil and Water Conservation district in the area you plan to test.

Looks good, do you just drag the lines to move them.
I think you will have to translate things to imperial measurements for these people though, they "no understand" metric.

Ken
Ok, I will
I think you will have to translate things to imperial measurements for these people though, they "no understand" metr

I don't have any information in front of me. It will vary a lot as Idaho is big state with a lot of variation in climate and soil types. As a ball park number I would guess 24 inches fo water over the growing season. I would contact the Soil and Water Conservation district in the area you plan

I think you will have to translate things to imperial measurements for these people though, they "no understand" metric.

Ken
Sorry mate,

The distance between pods and lateral lines is 49 ft

No, I'm Brazilian, I've lived in Australia and worked on dairy farms in New Zealand. When I returned to Brazil, I founded Isia and we started manufacturing pods and water troughs for the Brazilian market.

I imagined, the same thing happens here in Brazil. They prefer solid set pod irrigation to eliminate labor.
thanks for your reply steve

I imagined, the same thing happens here in Brazil. They prefer solid set pod irrigation to eliminate labor.
thanks for your reply steve
How about locating underground water sources for irrigation. Have heard about ground penetrating radar to locate water. Do you know of any methods for locating water. I don't believe in water witching.

only a geologist with good equipment would be able to find the best spot. The quantity of water that will be found, it's a lottery.

only a geologist with good equipment would be able to find the best spot. The quantity of water that will be found, it's a lottery.

Latest posts