Ironhide

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
He is an Ironhide - fall of 2017 calf. I have a fall of 2017 heifer that is an Ironhide bred to calve in September to Shell Shocked. I like these Ironhides.

Bright Raven said:
He is an Ironhide - fall of 2017 calf. I have a fall of 2017 heifer that is an Ironhide bred to calve in September to Shell Shocked. I like these Ironhides.

That bull got some muscle.

Ky hills said:
Bright Raven said:

I am very pleased to get this kind of feedback. Thank you!

Ky hills said:
Bright Raven said:

What is also noticable. He is really slick. Most of mine are still shedding. I got a few that slick but not many. He is really slick.

Bright Raven said:
Ky hills said:
Bright Raven said:

What is also noticable. He is really slick. Most of mine are still shedding. I got a few that slick but not many. He is really slick.

Yes he slick, I like that aspect too. Most of mine have shed off by now but still have a few hold outs. That is a trait that I really appreciate, and am trying to select for.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
Mine haven't even thought about shedding - well, they are, but no where near slick. Of course, it was 36F this AM. Not complaining - it was a beautiful sunny day!!
Edit: Nice bull!!!

Simmental have heavy pelage. I compare mine to others. The Angus here are still holding their hair.

He is a dandy, and only a year and a half old! He should grow into quite the specimen. I betcha his owner is a happy camper.

bball said:
He is a dandy, and only a year and a half old! He should grow into quite the specimen. I betcha his owner is a happy camper.

Well, at the moment this picture was taken, the owner was not real happy. The owner's father woke up yesterday morning to find Ferrum in the yard.

I hope this is not a pattern for this bad boy.

Bright Raven said:

Nice looking bull, slicked up good, and got good muscling.
Only thing I would change is make him solid red. ;-)

Is he working currently, or just loafing till fall?

sim.-ang.king said:
Bright Raven said:

Nice looking bull, slicked up good, and got good muscling.
Only thing I would change is make him solid red. ;-)

Is he working currently, or just loafing till fall?

I appreciate that. I think the owner wants him black. :cboy:

I don't think he has put him on cows yet.
Late this evening, I got a couple pictures of my Ironhide heifer that is a Fall 2017. She is heavy bred AI to Shell Shocked due on September 1. I like her.

Latest posts