Inyati and Branguscowgirl

Help Support CattleToday:

Ah, might as well put this one up too... This is Chroma... Biggest danger around her would be having long hair getting caught by her tongue

[youtube]Rjiv__f58HM[/youtube]

Taken out of context, that first one could make one wonder about you ...

I go out and steal milk from my Angus cows when my Jersey/Angus calves a bit late. Many will let me actually milk them, as opposed to whatever that was you were doing!

Is it a trick of the light, or do some of them have rubbed patches on their sides?

Some do have rubbed patches.. a few have some lice, and some that don't have lice rub like heck too.. it's warm now.. they all want to get clipped

Nesikep, I had a wonderful smile on my face during the entire watch. My cows are like that. The first thing I do in the morning is greet each cow. I scratch their butts and talk sweet to them. I love bovines and I see you do too. They are the World's icon for peace and gentleness. I believe my cows have accepted me into their herd.

When you are with them 365 days of the year, give them attention, scratch and rub them, a special relationship is formed. I know I maintain the role of lead herd member. Even the lead cow defers to my rules. I move them to where I want them and they accept that. I never hurt them but I will smack them with my riding crop. It establishes the rule of dominance.

Thanks, I enjoyed that very much.

Very good videos. nothing like having some easy going cows.. I have a few cows I can do that to, but not all.

I'm herd boss too... After calving, we have a feed bunk about 9 feet on the other side of the electric fence from where I stage the bales... *no one* touches a bale until its in the bunk and the twine is cut... And they aren't allowed to step in it either, and they know that is grounds for a clobbering.. If I see one in the manger and I yell out "Huldi, out of the manger!", they will look at me, and reluctantly back up... Same with "Git yer head out of the fence".. of course it doesn't mean they won't continue doing it as soon as I turn my back.

I can't milk all of them.. the ones that were born while I wasn't here are a bit ornery... Each Gelbvieh is completely docile though

OMGosh Nesi! You are probably the only person that I know, that would actually film all those udder scratches! Soooo funny! :lol:
Yes, you win "the crown" hands down! :tiphat:
Your girls look really sweet. You have obviously spent a lot of time with them. It sure makes it nice when it comes time to work with them.

Inyati, When they're feeling peaceful, they really are a symbol of peace and contentment... Laying down, eyes closed, chewing cud... when you get them mad, they may as well be a pack of sled dogs.

I wish I knew more about training.. I have some that I think could be good at doing tricks, or pulling carts... Heck there was a girl who's parents didn't allow to have a horse, so she stated doing DRESSAGE on a cow... There's a ranch in texas somewhere, and they have riding longhorns, and herd cattle, on cattle.

I'm probably not the only person you know who'd film the udder scratches.. I just beat Inyati to it!

"I'm probably not the only person you know who'd film the udder scratches.. I just beat Inyati to it!"

You are probably right there! :lol:
I think it is really neat when a man REALLY CARES about his animals!
They say, "you can tell a lot about a mans character by how he treats his animals!" :D

I think if you aren't close to them, you miss out on o much that farm life can offer, because well, it doesn't offer much in the way of getting rich, and it takes its toll on the body too

Latest posts