Insurance. You ain't going to belive this but!

Help Support CattleToday:

alabama

Reaction score
I hot home yesterday evening from rolling hay and all the dogs 4 were up under my 2001 GMC pickup. They had treed a cat under the hood and determined to get it. Well I put the dogs in the cattle trailer and let the cat out.
The bad part was the dogs had riped all the wires out from under the hood. Hugh bundeles of wires riped out of the truck on both sides. even spark plug wires. The plastic finder well liners ripde out. The fenders all scratch up.
It was parked under a shed with one of those one ton bags of feed on it. It won't start.
I call the insurance and give them the "you ain't going to believe this but" thing. The say just call a wrecker and take it where you want it fixed and get an estement.
Called the chevy place and they said they would be here in 20 min.
I hook the tractor to the truck and drag it out of the barn and get the feed off about the time the wrecker showes up.
I think I had better trade it if they ever get it fixed. I bet when you turn the wipers on the horn will blow or step on the breaks and the radio changes station.
dern dogs.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Angus/Brangus":1tiqmug2 said:
My brother had a rat up under the hood of his dodge that ate up the ignition wires. They didn't discover the problem until they drove into an auto parts place and saw the rat. It took several days to get rid of it.

The Rat or the Dodge?

Not as bad as your truck but our dog chewed the electrical wires up on our good horse trailer. My husband cussed that dog the entire time trying to get the thing wired back right....just like you said, he had to test every move he made to make sure the horn didn't beep when he turned the blinker on! Sorry about that... hope it works out ok.

Not going to be too big a job under the hood . In Winter we get field mice move into the cars and chew up the wires behind the dash.
Now that is a problem

Well the truck is still at the chevy place and they have parts ordered. I got the check from the insurance, well two checks. Total $4,685.23

I recon my insurance will go up now. :mad:

alabama":3t3kykz0 said:
Well the truck is still at the chevy place and they have parts ordered. I got the check from the insurance, well two checks. Total $4,685.23

Insurance should not go up. Claim would be considered a no fault claim and I don't believe your rates can go up by law with a no fault claim.

My old boss was told by one of the workers that his truck was leaking oil. He saw a pool under the engine, so he laid on the ground and noticed it wasn't as dark as oil should be . He pasted his finger threw it and smelled it to see what it was. That man started throwing up all over the place. The mystery liquid was rotten cat juice from a cat he run over and got stuck up in the frame. It was so rotten and baked he had to pull it out in pieces with a pair of channel locks.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":jt7vtc7j said:
alabama":jt7vtc7j said:

Insurance should not go up. Claim would be considered a no fault claim and I don't believe your rates can go up by law with a no fault claim.

If those are his dogs................it's his fault! :lol:

I believe it. Had nearly the same thing happen to me, but it was only one very determined border collie..

She ripped the rubber/asphalt liners out and started yanking at wires.. Pulled the driver's side turn lamp wire until it broke off at the socket, then jerked a sensor wire out of either the transfer case or front diff.. Apparently, all it does (did) was tell the dash light when the truck went in 4wd.. Thankfully, neither wire was what I'd call especially important..

Never did figure out where the sensor wire was supposed to plug in, so I just tuck it away whenever it falls out.

About every three days now I'll have somebody at a gas station say "You got a wire hanging out from under your truck," to which I respond "Yeah, I keep waiting for it to wear in two but it must be a pretty good wire."

:lol:

Latest posts