Insulated Muck Boots

Help Support CattleToday:

CKC1586":1tkf0pbo said:
Do any of you have a pair of these? How do you like them??

I have a pair and think they are great. Only problem is the tops kind of roll inward when you put them on and have to be pulled back out for your pants to be tucked in. Kind of hard to describe but maybe you get the picture. Not a big problem, just different.

I bought a pair to only wear deer hunting. They are supposed to keep your feet warm to 20 below 0. WRONG. Dont walk on big rocks, boulders you find in the mountains,you'll bust you tail. Your feet will sweat off if you do much walking at all. It's to late in the season to buy another pair of boots for this hunting season, but I wont hunt in another pair. But!!! I have never had a pair of boots that will absolutely 100% keep my feet warm.

Thanks, I went cheap last year when I needed to replace my winter barn boots and they have holes in them already, wore out it the seams. I tried on a pair of the Insulated Muck boots and they were really light weight which I liked. I think I will go ahead and spend the money on some good ones and wondered how anyone liked theirs. Sounds like you like them. I know everyone raves about the non insulated models.

I have 'em and really, really like 'em. Not only are mine insulated, but they're also waterproof! I use them everywhere from feeding and doing chores at my place, to riding horses and working at the dairy. Very versatile. ;-)

I had a pair when I lived in Alaska ~ they were awesome, but got ruined by practical joke :mad: . I can;t find them here for some reason.

didn't buy muck boots to keep my feet warm, bought them to keep feet dry, and they sure do that. much better than the regular rubber boot

Milkmaid's endorsement has sold me! I was surprised to see them at TSC and at a better price than I have seen elsewhere. Thanks everyone for your opinions!
angie, gonna share that story?? And yes I gotta keep my tootsies warm so if they worked for you in Alaska they should be good here too.

Co-worker and I, always playing practical jokes on each other. She broke 2 fingers, ran over by own sled dog team (HAHAHA!). Anyhow, I called her from my office, said I was nurse at the hospital, recheck x-rays came back indicating that bones had not been reset properly and she would have poor mobility, poor circulation and loss of feeling unless she allowed us to rebreak and reset. She wanted to know how they reset. I told her that we use a hammer, not like a sledge hammer, more like caprenters hammer. Told her if she was nervous about it hurting to take 2 asprins before appointment. She bought the whole deal, even set up appointment. I let her think about it for a couple of hours before telling her. All she could talk about was how bad it hurt and how bad it was going to hurt and that they weren;t going to use novacaine let alone put her under. It maybe does not sound funny but it was, trust me. That started 2 year back and forth of jokes.

Back to boots. I had insulated muck boots. It rained there for weeks at a time, everyday. We took our rain boots seriously and I paid a mint for mine. They had fleece lining, not a pull out type liner. She put 2 eggs in the right boot. I stuck my foot in and guess what happens next? UGH!! I washed it out best I could, but they took forever to dry and were never the same after that.

My feet can get cold I think even in this Texas hot summer.The best insulated boots i've found is the old GI micky mouse boots. Keep my feet dry and warm.
They are still available at a lot of places. Last I bought was through Sportsmans Guide.
Awfull heavy though don't want to do a lot of walking.

Cal

angie2":132b7wry said:
Back to boots. I had insulated muck boots. It rained there for weeks at a time, everyday. We took our rain boots seriously and I paid a mint for mine. They had fleece lining, not a pull out type liner. She put 2 eggs in the right boot. I stuck my foot in and guess what happens next? UGH!! I washed it out best I could, but they took forever to dry and were never the same after that.

Oh my! What a mess. So what was your next "trick" on her??? Sometimes those things get to be pretty elaborate. My Dad and his brother used to "do stuff" and I remember one time Dad put a tricycle on my uncles flag pole.
Back to the boots. My kids got me a boot dryer for Christmas and that thing is great. It is so nice to put your feet in warm dry boots in the morning!

CKC1586":34cff4g2 said:
angie2":34cff4g2 said:

Oh my! What a mess. So what was your next "trick" on her??? Sometimes those things get to be pretty elaborate. My Dad and his brother used to "do stuff" and I remember one time Dad put a tricycle on my uncles flag pole.
Back to the boots. My kids got me a boot dryer for Christmas and that thing is great. It is so nice to put your feet in warm dry boots in the morning!

We have about 4 or 5 pairs of those cloggin up the mud room as I write. CKC1586 those boot dryers are a dream! I've got two of them going 24/7.

Ang, never got eggs in the boot, but someone put a dead mouse in one once. :shock: Yuck!

CKC1586":2bl4d5y3 said:
Oh my! What a mess. So what was your next "trick" on her??? Sometimes those things get to be pretty elaborate.!
I took her jeep keys out of her coat pocket at lunch time, drove her jeep back to her house, parked it in her driveway and thumbed it back to town. Put her keys back in her pocket. She called the cops to report it missing and was asked by them "Are you sure that no one may have moved it?" It dawned on her then what must've happened. That could've been ugly :shock:

Hey I work at the Co-Op now and we sell all the Mucks, Bogs & LaCrosse Boots. The Wetland Mucks are great as well as the Bogs. You just have to try and see which are your favorite. Go to your nearest dealer and walk around for a bit in each pair then decide. :help:

By th eway I have missed you guys! :)

Well I drove over to TSC as they called and said my Muck boots were in, they had to get my size sent from another store. So made the trip and decided I better try them on before I left....boots were different sizes....bummer. So now I wait for them to send the rest of the two pairs. Glad I decided to try them I would have been peeved if I hadn't discovered the mismatched pair till I got back home. I asked them if they were going to give me gas money! The manager said he would make it right....

Make sure they will fit you...I bought a pair that fit my feet- but wouldn't fit the calves of my legs- were too tight (from years of running 3-5 years miles a day) especially on the leg that is twice the size from the bloodclot I had from knee surgery- after blowing it again :roll: ...I gave them to a daughter..

Sorels are heavier, but seemed to give me much more traction- and could be adjusted for calf size- and had interchangeable liners to change at noon or thruout the day if your feet got wet from sweating....

One of the reasons I liked the Muck Boots is because the tops are stretchy so they will fit the leg even when I tuck my jeans into them.
I have an old pair of the Sorel type boots but they don't work good for me in the mud, which I have too much of right now. Hopefully that will be changing this weekend, temperatures are dropping. More like diving they say it will be frigid for the next week or so.