Rocky Boots

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on Rocky boots?

https://www.rockyboots.com/rocky/rocky-cody-waterproof-pull-on-western-boot/RKW0235.html

I am on my second pair of Irish Setter boots and they just don't last long enough to suit me. The second pair was given to me as a replacement for a pair that lasted less than a year, and now these are going.

That style boot I wear Justin 4440, been wearing them for yrs. Usually last 2 yrs and best part for me made in the USA.

HDRider said:

https://www.rockyboots.com/rocky/rocky-cody-waterproof-pull-on-western-boot/RKW0235.html

I am on my second pair of Irish Setter boots and they just don't last long enough to suit me. The second pair was given to me as a replacement for a pair that lasted less than a year, and now these are going.

Quit being such a cheapskate and buy a decent pair of boots.

I haven't had a set of Rocky boots in a long time and they were hunting boots and they were decent. I highly doubt they will be better than your Irish Setters though. I went from Wolverines to Irish Setters and have been very happy. Your going to be hard pressed to beat them IMO. Justin might give them a run for the money but I suspect they will be similar. I have Justin snake boots and they have held up really well.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:

They were $150 or better.

Two things you might not relate to, I am poor, and I work in cold mud.

HDRider said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:

They were $150 or better.

Two things you might not relate to, I am poor, and I work in cold mud.

You're right, can't relate and not ashamed of that fact.

You still need to buy a better boot.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:

Does such a thing exist? Between salt, manure, urine, oil and water it is surprising that any leather boot lasts as long as it does. Now I do have a pair of Georgia Boots that only gets worn to town, but that really isn't a test of a leather boot.

Rocky boots aren't near what they were 25 years ago. I consider Irish Setters to be quite a bit better than Rockys. Still not high end, but mine have lasted longer than any other boots I've had.

Aaron said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:

Does such a thing exist? Between salt, manure, urine, oil and water it is surprising that any leather boot lasts as long as it does. Now I do have a pair of Georgia Boots that only gets worn to town, but that really isn't a test of a leather boot.

I wear rubber boots if I'm going to be in the conditions you describe.

bse said:
That style boot I wear Justin 4440, been wearing them for yrs. Usually last 2 yrs and best part for me made in the USA.

That's funny. I've been wearing Justin 4441's for a few years. I got two years out of my first set also. I wore Red Wings before that but it got hard to find some made in America and they didn't seem to last like they used to.

red wing pecos #1105. been wearing over 30 years (last a year or more). they are ok and over $200

Brute 23 said:
This post has me wondering what a decent set of boots costs?

My Irish Setters were around $200, my Justin snake boots are a hair over $200, and I have some Sims wading boots in the same neighborhood. I thought that was high end. :???:

It sure is for me. But like anything else, there's a group that think if it's not the most expensive it's not worth owning. One can easily spend $350-$400 on a pair of work boots. I have a hard time believing they're that much better than $150 boots, but guess I'll never know.

I don't know about any of Rocky's everyday work boots but...
I've had a taller version of these since early 2016. (Christmas gift from my late brother) For mud and relatively shallow water they have held up well. Comfortable, warm, easy on/off, lightweight. For my often wet area, they've held up good, but I can see where the uppers might tear easy if you have cactus, mesquite, sharp rocks...made with some kind of foamy goretex type stuff that have started to tear on the very outside when I'm working in places with a lot of green briar but the lowers are great..upper part don't leak yet but probably won't take much to start.

Aaron said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:

TT can't relate

greybeard said:
I've had a taller version of these since early 2016. (Christmas gift from my late brother) For mud and relatively shallow water they have held up well. Comfortable, warm, easy on/off, lightweight. For my often wet area, they've held up good, but I can see where the uppers might tear easy if you have cactus, mesquite, sharp rocks...made with some kind of foamy goretex type stuff that have started to tear on the very outside when I'm working in places with a lot of green briar but the lowers are great..upper part don't leak yet but probably won't take much to start.

I have my Mucks for that job. I need a good 4 season waterproof walking boot especially for summer. I like the ISs, but I'd like more than a year or two out of them

Understood...just posted it as a thought regarding that company's quality.
Best overall work boots I ever wore were late 60s-early 70s US Govt issue jungle boots. The trick is finding the correct size.they tend to come 1 size wider than a normal boot. 1st pair I had was a little loose..2nd pair fit like a 2nd skin and I put 'em thru hell..

greybeard said:

That's a very practical boot for wet and muddy conditions.

HDRider said:
Aaron said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

TT can't relate

Can too, I read stories.