Installing Continuous Fence?

Help Support CattleToday:

Hunter

Reaction score
How hard is it to do?
Should I rent a hydraulic post driver or do I have to dig holes for every post?

How long would it take to install 200 yards worth if it is all straight, no corners?

Thank you in advance.

I would be driving my pipe and not digging holes. How close are you putting your posts? Most weld the continuous fence to the posts around here. No way I could give you a time estimate. Some on here can probably tell you how long it would take them for an estimate though. Good luck.

Thank you. I was hoping I could drive them in but I am no welder so I may need to use clips.
Just figured I would throw the estimate question out there.

No welder here either. Luckily Old Dad can strike an arc and a buddy let me borrow his welder/generator. He welded all my corners, caps, and clips over the winter. He loved working and helping me so it was a win win.

Hunter":3zp03iie said:
Thank you. I was hoping I could drive them in but I am no welder so I may need to use clips.
Hunter someone here on the forum build some a month or so ago and posted pics. Maybe they will see this and chime in with some help.

TexasBred":6tsnyul9 said:
Hunter":6tsnyul9 said:
Hunter someone here on the forum build some a month or so ago and posted pics. Maybe they will see this and chime in with some help.

TB is right. There are some professionals here.

I have questions. Flat ground? Thru limestone? Thru clay? Net wire or all barbed?

I ran 1370 foot cross fence. Sandy loam on the river flood plain for the most part. Tension posts every 100 feet or so. Two gates with gate posts. The rest of it was 6 1/2 foot T posts driven to 54 inches. I was about 50 years old then. It took me two weeks working evenings and weekends. Six strands of OK Brand 4 point barbed wire. Used a spooler off of the back of my truck that comes out of the receiver hitch attachment. Unspools two strands of wire at a time. My only welding was on the gate posts and I did the prep.

Hunter":2uf3dxvx said:
How hard is it to do?
Should I rent a hydraulic post driver or do I have to dig holes for every post?

How long would it take to install 200 yards worth if it is all straight, no corners?

Thank you in advance.

Definitely drive the post. If you're talking about the continuous fence panels that come in 20 foot lengths. And swedge together. Drive post on 10 foot centers.
I'd probably figure 2.5 days in dirt
3.5 days in rock. Three good men

Yes, it would be the panels and I it will be through some to a lot of rocks. I am looking to do it from tree line to tree line with a 12 foot gate close to the middle. Tired of fixing barb wire fence in that section whether it be from cattle or deer.

Thank you for the help and apologize for not being more clear.

Latest posts