Injured back on bull, not wasting $ on Vet! HELP!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
any suggestions on how to handle this? he is breeding cows and can't jump my fences so he just goes through any place he wants. cant wait for him to move on. :lol2:

I have had good luck with those type of bulls by treating them with either 180 or 200 grains of Noslar Partitioned. It seems to cure them from walking through fences. I never wasted money on a vet and just treated them myself. Although my vet may be willing to come give him the aforementioned treatment. He seems to have pretty good luck with that treatment too.

I agree with everyone else. No need to waste money on the Vet.
In the past we have found properly injected lead is the best treatment for the condition. Some times a follow up injection is required.

I know that BQA protocol says that all shots should be given in the neck but with this type I prefer to give the shots behind the shoulder. I seem to have better luck with that location. And certainly with an animal of this size remember that booster shots may be required.

I don't know about dropping that injured bull, but wouldn't mind putting one of those young cows in the freezer.

Treat him with 180gr of partition followed a week later (I assume you age elk like we do deer as long as it was a legal animal) with a couple of rolls of freezer paper.

Muzzle loader elk season is open north of the river. All you have to do is smuggle it across the line, slap a Washington tag on it, and you are good to go.

Latest posts