Information for Southerners

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":1uxxbtoh said:
After seeing the current weather report showing us with an actual chance of rain I must digress back to the original point of this thread and that is snow. If it snows what are we to do? Roughly how long should I expect it to take before FEMA comes in with some help for us? If they don't or if they are slow, who are we to blame since Bush is no longer in office? I just want to be sure that blame the right person.
That's easy, you still blame Bush>>>>

Jo
Bush was from Texas and he would never bring snow to the south so it is either Obama's fault since he is from Chicago or we can blame it on the canadians

As far as Fema showing up expect them by the 4th of July

Precautions you need to take is tostay inside until the snow is gone or someone shows up to save you
if things get to bad gaurd your wimmens and whiskey and also the baccer plants growing in the closet under the grow lights
You can use these things to barter with if circumstances deem neccesary

Take care and DON'T PANIC

Woke up this morning to 4" of the white stuff. By 2:30 it was all gone except a little in the shade of the house. Lots of mud though.

1982vett":11tv959s said:
Jogeephus":11tv959s said:
After seeing the current weather report showing us with an actual chance of rain I must digress back to the original point of this thread and that is snow. If it snows what are we to do? Roughly how long should I expect it to take before FEMA comes in with some help for us? If they don't or if they are slow, who are we to blame since Bush is no longer in office? I just want to be sure that blame the right person.

You can be assured that anything going wrong during the next four years will be Bush's fault. The "chosen one" can do no wrong.

curtis":1x9wnqx6 said:
Its cold here with snow.I wish Misty Moonlite would take the free gifts back that she sent us.
We don't need it or like it. Brrrrr.

We don't need it or like it anymore either!

Not to worry though Curtis, this too shall pass, and the hailstorm of empty beer bottles should be starting up again soon. :wave:

Well its official. My son just came home and he actually saw a snow flake 20 miles north of the house! So we are under a SNOWFLAKE WATCH now! I hope FEMA gets here soon! W is going to catch it if I don't get some of the grilled chicken MRE's delivered to my doorstep.

Jogeephus":pe68y7na said:
Well its official. My son just came home and he actually saw a snow flake 20 miles north of the house! So we are under a SNOWFLAKE WATCH now! I hope FEMA gets here soon! W is going to catch it if I don't get some of the grilled chicken MRE's delivered to my doorstep.

So, is your TV full of cancellations. I've heard that a snowflake in S Ga shuts everything down. :cboy:

john250":33c1nc5k said:
Jogeephus":33c1nc5k said:

So, is your TV full of cancellations. I've heard that a snowflake in S Ga shuts everything down. :cboy:

I don't know. I'm scared to go outside and turn the anteny cause I might not be able to find my way back to the house. I guess this is what dem yankees call a black out cause you can't see nothing outside. This is getting skeerious. I hope FEMA gets here soon with them grilled chicken MRE's. :banana:

BTW - will those salebarn buyers dock you if your calves have some snow on them being that snow's white and all?

HUS":mzofgjnm said:
1982vett":mzofgjnm said:
Jogeephus":mzofgjnm said:

You can be assured that anything going wrong during the next four years will be Bush's fault. The "chosen one" can do no wrong.

Danged right! I can see already that . Why accept responibility for your lack of progress when you have such a convenient excuse .

Larry

Yep Jo they would sell as spotted and the traders would put them in a warm place and melt the snow and then sell them as blacks. How soon can I load my trailer with them?

Joee,
I may be to late to save you but just in case "OPEN YOUR EYES".I hope I got to you in time.I've had that happen before with black outs in time of panic to discover my eyes shut down in fear.

hillrancher":2vuxj8y3 said:
Jogeephus":2vuxj8y3 said:
Hasn't snowed here in over 20 years but if it does its going to be a mess. I think our area will just shut down. I have a sled in the garage and am ready. Of course finding a hill is going to be tough.
Jo, I wished I was blessed with you problems. We have the hills and snow this morning but there is some rough ending at the bottom.
I used to sled all the time when I was a kid. Went a couple years back with my kids and the next day I felt like I had been beat with a 2x4. Just in case you decide to give 'er a whirl Jo, know that standing up on a tabogon may look like fun ~ but should only be attempted by professionals or super heros or people without bones. Holy Yesterday ~ I'll never try that at home again.

I'm pleased to say we weathered the storm. Though vigilant in my watch I regret to say I did not see the first snowflake. Skies have cleared and high should be in the 50's but tonight all the pipes are going to bust since its going down to 28 so keep the FEMA trucks coming cause we are definitely going to need the bottled since this will more convenient than priming the pitcher pump.

Angie, I'll have to put up the sled for another day. One day I hope to use it. Would prefer one of those old Coke signs but the Champion GTO does have that "floating steering". :nod:

very little snow,, but wind blowin' solid about 70 mph.from daylight till after dark. neighbors wallmart bags look like tumbleweeds

Jogeephus":3t8z64he said:
Skies have cleared and high should be in the 50's but tonight all the pipes are going to bust since its going down to 28 so keep the FEMA trucks coming cause we are definitely going to need the bottled since this will more convenient than priming the pitcher pump.

I suppose it's cheaper to fix the pipes every 10/15 yr than it is to bury them.

Yeah,it would be easier to leave them above ground in case you had to patch them.Them hard winters like that would be hard to get use to.

Hey Jo, come on up if you want to use that sled, we've got plenty of hills. We don't have any snow, but it don't matter. In fact, you don't need the sled either. Truck, tractor, whatever, they all slide way too good. Nothing that'll make ya pucker up faster than a tractor sliding sideways at terminal velocity.

Ryder":2vnroccu said:
dyates":2vnroccu said:
Nothing that'll make ya pucker up faster than a tractor sliding sideways at terminal velocity.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

A fork lift on a wet loading dock will do the same thing...

Latest posts