Indication of what's to come?

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
I hope today wasn't a preview of calving season. Our mature cows are not due to start for 9 more days but woke up this morning to a set of twins, I hate twins. Both heifers, a 63lb and a 57lb. An old RA/Herf cow that I'm not going to ask to support both of them. Got them in the lot now to see which one she favors, will probably give the other to a young man up the road who wants a couple calves to start off with.

And then a couple cows decided the grass was indeed greener on the other side of the fence, until the neighbor put them in for me. (I brought neighbor's family supper home from town this evening.) And to cap the evening off, I rammed into a full water trough in the dark with my shin. Other than that, a pretty good day. :lol:

cfpinz

would you like to join my crappy luck club? you can be vicepresident.

an intern for the Crappy Luck Club? thats just asking for trouble..

CF,

As bad of a day as yor having and you want a female intern?

Well maybe that might hit the spot after a bad day. Or wifey may hit you in several spots.

cypressfarms":2ntow704 said:
CF,

As bad of a day as yor having and you want a female intern?

Well maybe that might hit the spot after a bad day. Or wifey may hit you in several spots.

Wife has said quite a few times that I can bring another woman home as long as she does all the cooking and cleaning. Now if I could only find a 5'10" blonde french maid named Betty Crocker... :lol:

I'll be the your Ambassador to Crap. I was ever so much going to go fishing yesterday but wanted to do a little harrowing. Caught a fatlighter stump with offset and pulled all the standards off, broke a bearing and bent four discs. Spent rest of my day mechanicking. :x

Just back in the house from putting 7 cows back on the right side of the fence. First morning on a fresh pasture, they usually don't start on the fences till the 3rd day. I think the cool weather jumpstarts that "grass is greener" thing.

Correction: After looking back into the books, the twins were 10 days early, the two born today are only eight days early. :roll: Cows wouldn't have them yesterday when it was in the 70's and beautiful, today it was cold and the wind howled so bad it blew down a section of board fence on a rental property.

cfpinz

Latest posts