Indian Artifact? (pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

It's got that maybe it is and maybe it isn;t look to it. Doesn;t matter. Keep it as a momento of your grandad.

The shape and size looks very similar to an artifact a friend of mine found when we were kids. His looked almost exactly like yours except there was a hole drilled in the north end. His ma took it to a museum and they said it was something the chief or someone in high authority carried to signify their status in the tribe. I have since seen a few drawings illustrating indians with items similar to this. Definitely a keeper.

The original post and pic are gone, but I described the piece to a very knowledgeable friend in that area and drew him a crude picture. I mentioned that some had suggested a bone or hide scraper. He took one glance and said it was an arrow shaper. The rounded diagonal was used to scrape the arrows into shape and proper size. He said the notch on the back side was usually somewhat squared off and was called an arrow wrench and was used to torque and bend imperfections in the wood for true flight. Hope this helps. If possible, I would like for him to be able to see the pic. Thanks.

Latest posts