In case you want to know more about livestock judging

Help Support CattleToday:

Ya, it is. But, with people who are really interested in livestock judging for 4-H or FFA, having the chapter buy a membership might be a good idea. I kinda wish we had this when I was in FFA doing livestock judging, video makes it easier than just pictures.

go to youtube and search for livestock judging. there are many free practice videos by CEV, including teaching videos.

Thanks for the mention, I'm Jeff, one of the people behind Livestockjudging.com. We've had this site working in the back of our minds for several years now and finally got going with it. I'm extremely interested in what you guys might have to say about the site and what you'd like to see on it.

Put frankly, our mission is to make sure there isn't any question whatsoever which site provides the most in depth content. Once we get the video we have on file edited and put up, that will be very clear. Even with only about half a dozen classes up, we're easily the most interactive livestock judging site in existence.

Eventually, we're going to have a premium section of the site where the bulk of the video will be accessible but do plan on maintaining 10-20 free practice classes. I know what it costs to put those videos together but unfortuantely don't really know what people would feel comfortable paying to access them.

So, what IS a fair and reasonable amount to charge? I'm really interested in what people think.

Third Row,
I looked at your site and it is very well done. My family has been in 4-H for 19 years and active in horse judging.
Have you ever considered making a horse judging site? TX A&M had an online site with videos which included placings and reasons at the end. They are revamping it and it will be a paid access when it comes up.

I really like how your site is set up with the ability to place the class online and the other perks. We tell our judgers that they need to practice at home, and a site like yours would be a wonderful resource.

I don't know how much A&M is going to charge to access their site. I would think that if you give the option of purchasing access in increments of monthly, 6 months and yearly would be good. Not everyone wants to pay for a long term at once, and then there are others who will pay for a year so that they get a price break on the monthly charge.

There isn't much available for horse judging and the FFA advisors are really getting their kids involved in it.

Good luck with it. I am going to share your site with out county's livestock judgers.

Latest posts