Implants

Help Support CattleToday:

FOUR HUNDRED AND NINETEEN!!! ROBOTS???

Whoa...

Where do you see the numbers of members and guests? I've looked around and can't find that information. Just curious.
Bottom left of the main page.

"Members online
Total: 177 (members: 25, guests: 152)
Robots: 486"

Bottom left of the main page.

"Members online
Total: 177 (members: 25, guests: 152)
Robots: 486"
Found it... I wonder what the robots are doing...

That had to be pretty scary, losing cows and not knowing what was going on. I've never lost a cow to worm load, but your type cattle may be more susceptible and/or the type of worms in Guatemala more deadly. Hope your issues with that are done and over with.

I think you may be correct about a lot of cross breeding and crossed cows that they can dilute the best traits of any breeds they contain. And I'd worry about any kind of fullblood European bull down there. But I've seen some animals that might acclimate and are offshoots of European cattle mixed with Brahman. Have you thought about Beefmaster or Santa Gertrudis? I've seen some massive Gerts. I'd bet they could put the pounds on your calves. And then there is always artificial insemination. Are the people caring for your herd competent to do that? Then you could try using straight European genetics. Simmental would be a good choice, I would think.
I think I had a heavy load of worms because the dewormer wasn't administered properly or at all. The ivomec I had someone I befriended and he went there himself and worked the cattle with my handlers, I am now a customer of his and he delivers my minerals to my place he's a godsend, he's a hard working individual. The great thing is we never had this problem again, no unexpected deaths.

As far as other breeds of cattle I use registered Brahmans because it's what's mostly used down there and what I like, other breeds they try to push on you look malnourished or not fully developed. There are other breeds that are imported from Mexico like beefmaster simmental and other as well, to be honest I never looked into it because it has to be expensive. Just the other day I had a friend call breeder in Mexico San Jose ranch and he wanted 19k dollars AMERICAN 🇺🇸 for the bull, imo that's wayyyyy to much for me to shell out for a bull that's out in the pasture. I'll attach a pic below. I know you can import embryos from Brazil but all their cattle are Nelore and I'm not to fond of them, tall and skinny legs.

In the future I'd want to give AI a try but for the time being I'm still using bulls all within a certain budget.

Attachments

• 364b9a54-3a93-4611-bba8-5c2fb84ba8d9.jpeg
    364b9a54-3a93-4611-bba8-5c2fb84ba8d9.jpeg
    418.9 KB · Views: 12
I think I had a heavy load of worms because the dewormer wasn't administered properly or at all. The ivomec I had someone I befriended and he went there himself and worked the cattle with my handlers, I am now a customer of his and he delivers my minerals to my place he's a godsend, he's a hard working individual. The great thing is we never had this problem again, no unexpected deaths.

As far as other breeds of cattle I use registered Brahmans because it's what's mostly used down there and what I like, other breeds they try to push on you look malnourished or not fully developed. There are other breeds that are imported from Mexico like beefmaster simmental and other as well, to be honest I never looked into it because it has to be expensive. Just the other day I had a friend call breeder in Mexico San Jose ranch and he wanted 19k dollars AMERICAN 🇺🇸 for the bull, imo that's wayyyyy to much for me to shell out for a bull that's out in the pasture. I'll attach a pic below. I know you can import embryos from Brazil but all their cattle are Nelore and I'm not to fond of them, tall and skinny legs.

In the future I'd want to give AI a try but for the time being I'm still using bulls all within a certain budget.
That's a nice looking bull, but yeah, way too expensive for something out in the pasture covering at most sixty cows and probably forty or less.

How often do you get down there?

I wonder what the robots are doing...
One thing is looking for data to build a "roadmap" for search engines - webcrawlers. When you search for something, the search engine does not search through every server in the world - that would take a very long time. Google and others "crawl" continuously looking for new content that gets cataloged in their servers so that search results can be given quickly.

There are good bots and bad ones.

That's a nice looking bull, but yeah, way too expensive for something out in the pasture covering at most sixty cows and probably forty or less.

How often do you get down there?
Not as much as I'd like I flew down there in July/August for 40 days October for 5 days and my dad was down there in December for the whole month. I have my own small business here in nyc as a public adjuster I adjust property claims for policy holders. But I have to admit I absolutely hate nyc 😬 . I wish I could move to a state where I have more freedom I'm a big gun oficionado😅 The cattle are just starting to make a profit but I know I can do better and land is not cheap anymore.

Googlebot is also looking for 'bad' content. Their advertisers have certain topics they don't want their products to be associated with. I saw a large automobile related website (forum) temporarily lose it's google ad revenue because because a couple of members insisted on posting pics of scantily clad women with fully exposed boobs.

Any particular brand you use?? Do you have to castrate them?? Our market is different because if they are being hauled to Mexico they want bulls not steers. 🤷‍♂️
I mainly use Ralgro but have used Revalor in the past. I have no market for bulls so if they run through the chute, they are banded. Some folks use implants at castration time with the impression that the steers will recover any lost weight from castration much quicker. I don't know about that but if you need bulls, I wouldn't implant at all like SBMF says.

I mainly use Ralgro but have used Revalor in the past. I have no market for bulls so if they run through the chute, they are banded. Some folks use implants at castration time with the impression that the steers will recover any lost weight from castration much quicker. I don't know about that but if you need bulls, I wouldn't implant at all like SBMF says.
Thank you for the info!

Butchers always want bulls and Very rarely do they slaughter steers. I was told it was Mexico that drives the market and the will not buy steers either. They want their bulls fully intact. 🤷‍♂️

We never found out the cause of death on these cows, however I took a shot in the dark and dewormed them with ivomec plus and I also used a product called valvazen from zoetis. Started using minerals daily as well and came up with my own schedule on vaccines for clostridium, derriengue and anthrax. Vigantol AD3E from Elanco and Multimin 90.

In regards to weight gains. Grass fed your anywhere between 1/2lb to maybe 1 1/2 lbs per day maybe a smidge more. Feedlot I've heard crazy numbers(to me it's crazy) but I don't know it's true, I've heard 3-4 1/2 lbs per day, most of the beef is select grade. Unless you buy imported beef from USA, Nicaragua or Argentina then you'll have access to prime. People down there for the most part eat their steaks very well done/charred and if you serve it rare or med they will tell you it's not cooked. I would say only a small amount of the population knows what great steak is. I do know that there are a few wagyu beef producers down there but I think they are still trying to aclimate the herd to the tropics or are crossing them with another breed.

I have thought of using Simmental or senepol to cross but I'm afraid to do so because I think our herd is too commercial I was always under the assumption you get a better cross when your using two animals that are pure blood or close to it.
Do you have a problem with cattle tick there?

Ken

$19k is very high for that bull. More than likely in March, I will be getting 100 cows from the foreman for my old contact that was killed. Apparently he is continuing the business. I am going to be sending him 20 bulls ( or as many of what he wants as I can find). If you want, next time I communiucate with him, I will ask him how much he would charge to transport some cattle from the border to Guatemala. I will PM you what he says. You can probably find the bulls you need in the US for a lot less than $19k, and send them down to El Paso. I havce no idea what kind of guaraantees on delivery, or if there is a way to insure them for the trip., or anything. You may know all of that anyhow.

$19k is very high for that bull. More than likely in March, I will be getting 100 cows from the foreman for my old contact that was killed. Apparently he is continuing the business. I am going to be sending him 20 bulls ( or as many of what he wants as I can find). If you want, next time I communiucate with him, I will ask him how much he would charge to transport some cattle from the border to Guatemala. I will PM you what he says. You can probably find the bulls you need in the US for a lot less than $19k, and send them down to El Paso. I havce no idea what kind of guaraantees on delivery, or if there is a way to insure them for the trip., or anything. You may know all of that anyhow.
I'm actually heading down there for summer late July/august. One of my old herd bulls I purchased I know for a fact his mother was flown down there from Texas. I never spoke to the owner how the heck he got her down there but I do know it can be done but it's gotta be expensive. My buddy who called the breeder in Mexico told me that there's way to cross them over the border of course all this is done illegally Mexico to guatemala. . And yes you're probably right I can probably purchased a similar quality bull for less here in the 🇺🇸. We'll be in touch soon maybe it's worth it 🤷‍♂️ you never know!

I'm actually heading down there for summer late July/august. One of my old herd bulls I purchased I know for a fact his mother was flown down there from Texas. I never spoke to the owner how the heck he got her down there but I do know it can be done but it's gotta be expensive. My buddy who called the breeder in Mexico told me that there's way to cross them over the border of course all this is done illegally Mexico to guatemala. . And yes you're probably right I can probably purchased a similar quality bull for less here in the 🇺🇸. We'll be in touch soon maybe it's worth it 🤷‍♂️ you never know!
What city/trown on this map, are you closest to? He said he can give a price from the Tex-Mex border to the Mex- Gua border. He can't, or won't, transport into Guatemala. He said he can take cattle from the US at any port of entry for cattle from EL Paso to Brownsville. Said depending on where your place is, might be cheaper to cross a bull for you in Laredo or Brownsville. He said if he were you, he'd get him to do a custom haul, to where yours are the only cattle on the trailer. He said he can do up to 6 bulls on one trailer. 7' tall x 8' wide gooseneck aluminum stock combothat he uses for horses. He said right now, for 1-6 bulls, $6 per loaded mile.

1705716461717.png

What city/trown on this map, are you closest to? He said he can give a price from the Tex-Mex border to the Mex- Gua border. He can't, or won't, transport into Guatemala. He said he can take cattle from the US at any port of entry for cattle from EL Paso to Brownsville. Said depending on where your place is, might be cheaper to cross a bull for you in Laredo or Brownsville. He said if he were you, he'd get him to do a custom haul, to where yours are the only cattle on the trailer. He said he can do up to 6 bulls on one trailer. 7' tall x 8' wide gooseneck aluminum stock combothat he uses for horses. He said right now, for 1-6 bulls, $6 per loaded mile.

View attachment 39747
Thanks for the info you provided; I'm near the border crossing of El Ceibo, which is right next to the Rio San Pedro. I placed a BLUE Dot where it's located on the map you provided; it's in the northwestern part of the country. For it to be worthwhile, I would have to buy several Bulls to bring them down there or maybe get someone who might be interested to share the cost and other fees are far as crossing them into Mexico first. I'd have to research first to see how they get them into Guatemala, I'll be in touch, maybe bite the bullet, and see where it takes me.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• 1705716461717.png
    1705716461717.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the info you provided; I'm near the border crossing of El Ceibo, which is right next to the Rio San Pedro. I placed a BLUE Dot where it's located on the map you provided; it's in the northwestern part of the country. For it to be worthwhile, I would have to buy several Bulls to bring them down there or maybe get someone who might be interested to share the cost and other fees are far as crossing them into Mexico first. I'd have to research first to see how they get them into Guatemala, I'll be in touch, maybe bite the bullet, and see where it takes me.

Thanks again!
I wonder if there is a way to transport them via water? Leave fporm a port in Texas and sail down to the west side of the Yucatan?

Latest posts