I'm very proud of my niece!

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
My 12 yr old niece has been shooting for a few years now, I have shot with her a few times and she is a good aim. Her dad was in competitive shooting as a younger man and got her involved. Long story short, she entered a few shoots and ended up going to the State tournament ( :oops: I don't know what they call it), she shot in the 12, 13 and 14 year old boys and girls group with a .22 rifle. She is, as a 12 year, is the state champion of the 12, 13 and 14 girls and boys group ....... I'm pretty proud of her, but not even close to her mom and dad I'm sure.

She must live on the dry side......I don't think they allow guns on the wet side up there do they?

BTW congrats!! :tiphat: That's a great accomplishment. My youngest son did some competitive shooting with me for several years. It was a great time for both of us.

3waycross":2m2mf4oe said:
She must live on the dry side......I don't think they allow guns on the wet side up there do they?

BTW congrats!! :tiphat: That's a great accomplishment. My youngest son did some competitive shooting with me for several years. It was a great time for both of us.

Thanks all, she's still a very excited and proud young lady!

If it wasn't for a strip of Oregon about 60 miles wide and 150 long Oregon would be a great state to live in. Unfourtantely, that strip is very densely populated with libs. :mad: and they do control the whole state. Dave can tell you Washington has the same type of strip going north from Vancouver to just north of Seattle. The rest of the state packs. :lol:

Good deal, we need more girl shooters. My youngest daughter is a competitive shooter..if i can round it up, i'll post a video of her shooting. Its pretty impressive.

Alan":tycbggle said:
3waycross":tycbggle said:

Thanks all, she's still a very excited and proud young lady!

If it wasn't for a strip of Oregon about 60 miles wide and 150 long Oregon would be a great state to live in. Unfourtantely, that strip is very densely populated with libs. :mad: and they do control the whole state. Dave can tell you Washington has the same type of strip going north from Vancouver to just north of Seattle. The rest of the state packs. :lol:

Actually we leave Vancouver attached to Portland. Our strip of uselessness begins at Olympia and runs North to Marysville. About 60 miles wide and 120 miles long. If that part of the state dropped into the sea it would make the rest of the state a good area to live.

Congrats to the niece. Two of my three daughters shoot. Neither were ever crack shots but both are pretty good hunters.

My brother has shot competitively for ever. He has been every successful, winning a number of state and national championships. About every 10 or 15 years he gets bored and switches to another type of firearm. His present thing is the cowboy action shooting...... it is funny now to see him wearing Wranglers and boot because he never was any type of a cowboy but he is certainly one heck of a good shot.

That is worth being proud of! My girl is a sharpshooter but she doesn't really care about it. My boy can't hit the broad side of the barn but he love's the shyt out of it. :???:

:lol: Dave, we don't want Vancouver! It's in Washington it's yours! :lol: I would offer to give you another lib nest and give you guys Bend, but I know you would offer us your own lib nest Spokane. :lol:

Alan":ifilddo3 said:
:lol: Dave, we don't want Vancouver! It's in Washington it's yours! :lol: I would offer to give you another lib nest and give you guys Bend, but I know you would offer us your own lib nest Spokane. :lol:

Alan, most people in Vancouver work in Portland so it goes to you. Just try either one of the bridges at rush hour. And I am not about to trade Spokane for Bend. Spokane was mostly a hub for rural people from Eastern Washington, Idaho, and Western Montana who moved to the city to work. So for years it held its conservative roots. A lot of out of area libs moved in lately but nowhere near what Bend is like.

My son and his family lives in Spokane and you are right, Spokane is not a lib hole like bend. Bend was a very nice small town years ago now it's a pit.

Alan":26cs1ebd said:
My 12 yr old niece has been shooting for a few years now, I have shot with her a few times and she is a good aim. Her dad was in competitive shooting as a younger man and got her involved. Long story short, she entered a few shoots and ended up going to the State tournament ( :oops: I don't know what they call it), she shot in the 12, 13 and 14 year old boys and girls group with a .22 rifle. She is, as a 12 year, is the state champion of the 12, 13 and 14 girls and boys group ....... I'm pretty proud of her, but not even close to her mom and dad I'm sure.
Great !!!!!! Gotta be proud of the young lady. Now send her down to cowgirls and they'll teach her how to chop down pine trees with a fully automatic. (Don't know if there is a championship for that or if you just get the dunce hat) :dunce:

Alan":jrzzwitd said:

Thats awesome Alan... Do you think she can tell us where they get all their .22's from ? :lol:

TexasBred":1rtw5kb4 said:
Alan":1rtw5kb4 said:
Great !!!!!! Gotta be proud of the young lady. Now send her down to cowgirls and they'll teach her how to chop down pine trees with a fully automatic. (Don't know if there is a championship for that or if you just get the dunce hat) :dunce:
TB what you dont see in the video is the fully stocked shooting range we have there in the pines. Its a great place to have a shooting range, the trees make sure no stray bullets get out. My guys shoot a lot of long range guns. The shooting range my daughter is shooting at is Wilson Combats facility...
Alan, i have friends who are spokes people for gun companies. A friend of mine travels all around promoting and i sure wished i had her life. It would be a good direction to go in if your niece competes a lot. They give you free ammo too. :nod:

Latest posts