Proud dad moment

Help Support CattleToday:

Super Cool. Congratulations. Is he still with the Rangers or playing baseball?

Super Cool. Congratulations. Is he still with the Rangers or playing baseball?
No sir , right after he reported to rookie ball in Arizona they did a physical and they discovered he had a bulging disc in his lower back . He was a catcher . I blame his coaches for playing him in over 60 games as a jr and 50 + as a senior. That's a lot of stress on your knees and back behind the plate . Professional sports is a business so they told us if they kept him and he had to have surgery they would have to pay for it . So they released him . I think I was more disappointed than he was . He did get one pay check , not a lot but not many make it that far !

Here's my youngest son who I'm super proud of also . He doesn't have as many accolades as big brother but he was a tremendous athlete in his own right . Captain of his high school baseball, basketball and football teams . Region defensive player of the year as a senior in football . Messed his shoulder up so that ended a chance to play college ball . Not my best student of my 3 children but attended university of Alabama Huntsville and earned his civil engineering degree . Has been drilling natural gas wells in Arkansas, Pennsylvania and now Louisiana. He's my partner in the cattle.