I'm just going to drop this little jewel right here for your viewing pleasure...

Help Support CattleToday:

Well, while we're on a hot subject matter, and I have attention of several CT 'tinkerers' I want to submit something (an idea for an invention actually) that has been in the back of my mind for a number of years--most of my adult life in fact, and I think it may even be inexorably linked to the youtube video in question. That young guy's proposals and my idea share a very fundamental relationship.
I had hoped to perfect and patent the thing eventually and become fabulously rich and famous for it, but due to my rapidly advancing age, I now fear that will not come to fruition so, despairing and cursing my wasted youth, I will just throw it out here and maybe some of you younger, wiser, better educated guys can make a go of it and make it a reality to enormously change how mankind does things.

My 'idea' is roughly this:
An device with a continuous radius around a central spar, with said spar somehow fastened to a platform or other large object. Having a continuous radius or continuous periphery on a rotating spar would more easily allow for movement of the platform the device is mounted on. It 'should' (in my minds eye anyway) be able to go over bumps, debris, rocks, and up gradients quite easily if enough manpower or domestic beast of burden power is harnessed to the platform; much easier than just dragging the platform along with said device attached to it. Perhaps even, using several of these devices attached to spars conveniently located with which to spread the weight of the platform out among the devices so it doesn't sink down into the soil or mud. I'm not sure how to design the specifics or details but some of you may be able to quite easily. I've thought on this many times while waiting for fish to bite or the grass to grow, and even came up with a name for this new device or invention.
I think, it would sound nice, if instead of it being referred to as a 'device with a continuous radius' that a more simple shorter term would be in order, tho not currently in the language of mankind.
I was going to call this invention "The Wheel"

Good luck guys--I do hope you will (in the least) remember me when the royalty and licensing checks start rolling in.

greybeard":1rh9b78h said:
Well, while we're on a hot subject matter, and I have attention of several CT 'tinkerers' I want to submit something (an idea for an invention actually) that has been in the back of my mind for a number of years--most of my adult life in fact, and I think it may even be inexorably linked to the youtube video in question. That young guy's proposals and my idea share a very fundamental relationship.
I had hoped to perfect and patent the thing eventually and become fabulously rich and famous for it, but due to my rapidly advancing age, I now fear that will not come to fruition so, despairing and cursing my wasted youth, I will just throw it out here and maybe some of you younger, wiser, better educated guys can make a go of it and make it a reality to enormously change how mankind does things.

My 'idea' is roughly this:
An device with a continuous radius around a central spar, with said spar somehow fastened to a platform or other large object. Having a continuous radius or continuous periphery on a rotating spar would more easily allow for movement of the platform the device is mounted on. It 'should' (in my minds eye anyway) be able to go over bumps, debris, rocks, and up gradients quite easily if enough manpower or domestic beast of burden power is harnessed to the platform; much easier than just dragging the platform along with said device attached to it. Perhaps even, using several of these devices attached to spars conveniently located with which to spread the weight of the platform out among the devices so it doesn't sink down into the soil or mud. I'm not sure how to design the specifics or details but some of you may be able to quite easily. I've thought on this many times while waiting for fish to bite or the grass to grow, and even came up with a name for this new device or invention.
I think, it would sound nice, if instead of it being referred to as a 'device with a continuous radius' that a more simple shorter term would be in order, tho not currently in the language of mankind.
I was going to call this invention "The Wheel"

Good luck guys--I do hope you will (in the least) remember me when the royalty and licensing checks start rolling in.

:lol: :drink:

I can just imagine old Grey Beard stepping out of his cave to admire his new invention.

RanchMan90":x263ll5u said:
ez14.":x263ll5u said:
RanchMan90":x263ll5u said:
How bout $4 for a square bale. There's 20 squares in a round. That's $80 for the equivalent of round bale. I should add another iron in the fire and start rebaling them for these types :cowboy:
I have actually considered buying nice alfalfa round bales (or big square bales) and rebaling them for the horse people around. If you could find a good source for nice big alfalfa bales I think you could make some good money
I agree. How would you go about rebaling it?
Pauls Valley OK use to have a world of alfalfa in round or big squares. Use to buy some out of Chickasha too.

TexasBred":3qzchvol said:
RanchMan90":3qzchvol said:
ez14.":3qzchvol said:
I have actually considered buying nice alfalfa round bales (or big square bales) and rebaling them for the horse people around. If you could find a good source for nice big alfalfa bales I think you could make some good money
I agree. How would you go about rebaling it?
Pauls Valley OK use to have a world of alfalfa in round or big squares. Use to buy some out of Chickasha too.
Yes sir. There's a little grown in the red river valley near me also. I have some friends in the hill country that haul out of artesia, NM that sells in their local feed stores for $13 a square.

TexasBred":2pmdkn1j said:
Ol' 243":2pmdkn1j said:
^^^^^ nothing like stealing another mans idea, or reinventing something. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It won't work and GB is just drunk again. :lol2: :lol: :hide:
Unfortunately, I haven't imbibed since late 2015 as one of my diabetes medications carries a stern "Do not use alcohol while taking this medication" and 2 more say "Consult your cardiologist before using alcohol while using this medication".
As much as I sometimes want to, I haven't had a drink or beer since 2015. :cry2: :cry2:

greybeard":qhzn84hg said:
TexasBred":qhzn84hg said:
Ol' 243":qhzn84hg said:
^^^^^ nothing like stealing another mans idea, or reinventing something. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It won't work and GB is just drunk again. :lol2: :lol: :hide:
Unfortunately, I haven't imbibed since late 2015 as one of my diabetes medications carries a stern "Do not use alcohol while taking this medication" and 2 more say "Consult your cardiologist before using alcohol while using this medication".
As much as I sometimes want to, I haven't had a drink or beer since 2015. :cry2: :cry2:

Dear Lord, Give me strength!

greybeard":3rvk0vo2 said:
I buy a few squares every year when I have to feed one in a pen or in the barn. Even then, I hate 'em with a passion.
He's an idiot.
Consider the source. Did you notice the logo on his t-shirt was National Hot Rod Association?
We always had one cutting of small, square bales in a 17 acre alfalfa field that bordered previous CRP/native grass and used them all the time for the occasional cow confined to the barn, etc.

Would it have made any difference if he had a NASCAR shirt on? I've been to a ton of drag races in my lifetime. Nothing wrong with NHRA.

greybeard":2du2gy0w said:
Would it have made any difference if he had a NASCAR shirt on? I've been to a ton of drag races in my lifetime. Nothing wrong with NHRA.

Yeah! What he said! ^^^^^^^^^^^^ :lol2:

As for re-baling rounds, I have a friend who has done this several times for some of his "horse-hay" customers when he ran out of squares. He would take a few round bales, bring them out to one of his fields, open and in-roll the bales. Come through with his square baler, usually making 2 passes.

greybeard":21fgzhjz said:
I was being somewhat sarcastic. His shirt (or the Star Wars shirt) does nothing to promote his position.

freaking ridiculous... my jaw dropped further and further as I watched that blathering idiot.. I couldn't help but leave a comment.. .I tried to be tactful, but with this guy's intellect I think it might zing over his head

ez14.":h8sxztae said:
RanchMan90":h8sxztae said:
How bout $4 for a square bale. There's 20 squares in a round. That's $80 for the equivalent of round bale.
I should add another iron in the fire and start rebaling them for these types :cowboy:
Didn't anyone watch the entire video?
He ends with promoting MINI ROUND BALES... talk about a nightmare of moving, stacking and storing! :lol:
Not to mention the Walk Behind Mini Round Baler at 3:45 into the video .... no work putting out a ton of those!

Latest posts