I'm a little disappointed in myself

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":3nnahzyz said:
Much safer, more profitable, much less hassle to screw with law abiding citizens when all you need to do is write a ticket and they pay the fee and you don't have to house and feed them. If you were running a business isn't this what would you do to make the most profit?

A friend and I were discussing why the fines for wildlife violations are so high compared to criminal violations. The fine in most states for poaching a deer is higher than for marijuana possession. That is the conclusion that we came to. Who do you think is more likely to pay a fine; a dope head that has nothing and nothing to loose, or a hunter with a $800 rifle and a $40,000 truck?

JMJ Farms":2ylg1170 said:
TexasBred":2ylg1170 said:
JMJ Farms":2ylg1170 said:
I disagree. It wasn't a DUI. Deputy should have said "you need to get your trailer lights working". That's not an IOU. That's common courtesy. But I'm ok with agreeing to disagree.

But you expected special consideration because your dad helped an overweight deputy one time.

Well. Yes. BUT, I'd expect any deputy in a rural area to give me a warning at most for not having working lights on a 12' ATV trailer out in the middle of the sticks in the middle of the DAY. (If he stopped me twice, then I'd understand) If that's all they have to do with their time, we need to cut the budget and the number on the payroll. Plenty of thugs selling dope to kids to deal with instead of harassing a working man for having a broken trailer light plug, that's paying the deputies salaries with his hard earned tax dollars. May be wrong, but that's how I feel.
I never could get use to that HP fellow that would write me a ticket when I was much younger then ask me to meet him at the cafe for coffee. I wanted to be mad at him. :lol2: :lol2: