Ike

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
How are the Texans going in the preparation for Ike? Been having a look at the hurricane tracker. Ike has come a long way since it first started.Northern Australia had a cyclone like that a few years back that cruised around our north for a few weeks. No where near the intensity of cyclone Tracy in 1974 that killed 76 people around Darwin (Northern Territory) Keep safe all Gulf Coast posters.
Colin

Yep, government agencies nailed everything shut yesterday and cancelled everything they could think of for a 3-day weekend. Bad weather you know. Just now starting to rain in south Houston. We are inland about another 100 miles. Rain, if it comes, should get here about 4 or 5 am. So in their infinate wisdom for public safety, our government officials farted away a whole day.

its misting 360mi from houston.an they say we are in a wind alert for 24hrs.guess itll start really raining sometime tomorrow.

Just heard that hurricane and high tide are gonna hit at the same time in Galveston. Coast Guard and Sheriff's dept. have said they can no longer rescue those that decided to stay...said that the folks that didn't evacuate should find something that would float and strap themselves to it. Things are sounding bleak.

Alice

Heard on the news the gov't told them to evacuate or die. Pretty stong words coming from people that are normally PC.

Jogeephus":2i62wkr5 said:
Heard on the news the gov't told them to evacuate or die. Pretty stong words coming from people that are normally PC.

Huh? What's PC got to do with anything? The people were warned...they made their choices...I'm not understanding your point.

Alice

Jogeephus":f9fzj7jg said:
That was to the residence of Galveston. It is like Key West in Florida. One bridge to get on and off and a couple ferries. Storm surge usually puts the road and a good portion of the island under water a good bit before the bad weather gets their.

Folks that stay going to get what they deserve. They been warned by the high sheriff.

1982vett":2xr4b1nv said:
Jogeephus":2xr4b1nv said:
That was to the residence of Galveston. It is like Key West in Florida. One bridge to get on and off and a couple ferries. Storm surge usually puts the road and a good portion of the island under water a good bit before the bad weather gets their.

Folks that stay going to get what they deserve. They been warned by the high sheriff.

That's exactly right! Doesn't have anything to do with being PC...

Alice

If you choose to stay, get a sharpie and put your SS number on your arm==so we can identify your body.
That is a strong warning, and maybe a little over the top. But if it comes to pass as predicted, correct.
If you aren't out by now, may God's grace be with you.

:lol2: PC's got everything to do with it. It's a PC hurricane. Afro's were crying last year about no storms having afro names. Now they got one named Ike.

ga. prime":3vynh2ex said:
:lol2: PC's got everything to do with it. It's a PC hurricane. Afro's were crying last year about no storms having afro names. Now they got one named Ike.

To me, IKE has two meanings.
One is the Indiana-Kentucky Electric generating plant, always abbreviated IKE.
Second is Dwight Eisenhower, Supreme Allied Commander and two term US president.
I guess Ike Turner would be 3rd, but only cause I had a crush on Tina.

This sure seems to be a bad motha of a storm. Good luck, down there. I'm changing my sig to "tidal wave free for several million years. Hope y'all can tread water. I'm praying for you.

ga. prime":10mjeuii said:
Think what you want. That's unavoidable. I think the hurricane is named Ike to appease the afro coalition.
Probably, guess I'm just a bigoted racist. O well.

ga. prime":39bk4ubx said:
Think what you want. That's unavoidable. I think the hurricane is named Ike to appease the afro coalition.

Oh bull!

Alice :)

I'm paranoid as hell. Hey, I think something strange happened at Roswell.
Ike is not a PC name for a freakin' Hurricane. It is just the next name in the alphabetic progression.

john250":30ye3w5r said:
I'm paranoid as be nice. Hey, I think something strange happened at Roswell.
Ike is not a PC name for a freakin' Hurricane. It is just the next name in the alphabetic progression.

Take heed, GaPrime! John's dead on the money here...

Alice :wave:

Alice":21rfeeua said:
Jogeephus":21rfeeua said:

Huh? What's PC got to do with anything? The people were warned...they made their choices...I'm not understanding your point.

Alice

Most PC political, public figures don't say things like you're gonna die because their livelyhood depends on votes. I guess they figure dead people can't vote against them. Good call Jogeephus. At least that's my take on it.

I liked it better when hurricanes only had female names. Why only female? Because they were so unpredictable. :D

Latest posts