Ideas on the breding in this heifer...

Help Support CattleToday:

Susie David

Reaction score
No T-shirt or ball cap involved but I'm curious as what folks can see in this calf.
cows01-07040e.jpg

cows01-07038e.jpg

sale barn heifer calf...couldn't pass on her. lousy pic, I know.
I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow if the snow isn't to deep.
Thanks Dave Mc

hmmm. i'm not too sure about this one. going by her face and head i would think she has some limousin or gelbvieh in her maybe.
probably a dab of angus too.

Id say by the pics shes a angus x heifers shes not too bad looking she likes in length and width of her hind quarters but since it was snowy and muddy she may be better formed what are u gonna use her for if it was for a show prospect id say a feedlots good for her ..hope this helps ya out shes not bad looking just not show quality

Dont get me wrng shes a nice heifer she will be a good breeding prospect give her some time and she will progress by any chance how much did u get her?

From what I see, there's some Lim in there, she's got a Limo butt. I'm guessing the other cross is angus

Angus x Limi

She's nice, she'll probably throw nice calves. I like the calf standing next to her in pic one ;-)

Here are some more pics of the heifer....
Sorry Van...red baldie on the right
cows01-07038aw.jpg

cows01-07067a-1.jpg

cows01-07063a.jpg

reminds me of this papered Lim heifer a couple of years ago.
cattlepictures89ab.jpg

Sorry about being long with the pics...slow day and after the snow we had a warm wind last night so we have slop again so I plan on going to the gun show at the fair grounds to kill some time
Dave Mc

Thanks folks...I saw the Lim in her so my hand went up when the bid dropped. Brought her home for $486...640# sweet little gal and is putting on some condition.
Dave Mc

Latest posts