Ice Storm Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

Ouachita

Reaction score
We had it worse, although we are forecast to get more. Looking like no electric for......no one knows yet. Have heard 2-3 days up to a couple weeks.

View looking toward house
D2E9F25D-2FBF-42BF-A64C-B852F33A525E-10601-0000098F254E18CF_zpseb4ae457.jpg

Toward my junk pile
CD298F7A-261E-4F37-ACB0-16EC56968724-10601-0000098E7242193E_zps0502a5ae.jpg

And our shade tree. Large Elm that was situated perfect for summer shade
D4FCA923-6B8A-4A0B-A66B-4768D7F79C4A-10601-000009910B8DACC4_zps68635ded.jpg

Bless your heart brother. I hate a mess. Sorry your going through that. Maybe your fences want be to bad.

Bigfoot":3n7ww3yr said:
Bless your heart brother. I hate a mess. Sorry your going through that. Maybe your fences want be to bad.
Unfortunately the fence repair will be a major job. I have about 1.5 miles of NFS boundary with nice tall pine timber. I have dozens of trees that have fallen over on me. I haven't even surveyed it yet, just what I can see from the house. There will be some saw logs to be had though

Daughter and I are attempting to drive around the place. Trying to get to the "north and west 40's". This is one way down
A8FD1297-A4D5-4273-9422-E36AB18A5C70-10601-0000099D6104B147_zpseb3fc6fe.jpg

This is the other
DD75F66C-A6CF-4735-83B1-725DBD0B23E4-10601-0000099D54C9CA74_zps58a633ee.jpg

Been snowing since early morning here Ouachita. No ice on the trees here in the hole. Top of the mountain maybe different. Not going to see.

Had lunch today at Love's Truckstop in Tupelo MS. While there about 15 electric power trucks stopped for fuel. Terra Electric is what I think was on their jackets. Asked where they were headed and the guy said Little Rock. Wished them safety as well as all the good folk in AR as well as other areas. Had ice here about 1993. I was out of power about 2 hours. My mom about 30 miles west in the rural area about 10 days. Bless those hit and bless those trying to get the power back on!!

Those pictures bring back memorys of 2007, none of which are pleasent

TexasBred":hc3x40ch said:
A reminder of why I hate Pine Trees.
We don;t have pines but the damage to the oaks, sassafras and hickorys here is the same. Still have dead tops hangin 20 feet in the air from 2007. The ones that hit the ground or were low enough to pull down were all cut up and burned

dun":1rw9667m said:
TexasBred":1rw9667m said:
A reminder of why I hate Pine Trees.
We don;t have pines but the damage to the oaks, sassafras and hickorys here is the same. Still have dead tops hangin 20 feet in the air from 2007. The ones that hit the ground or were low enough to pull down were all cut up and burned
Doesn't take much ice accumulation on pines for large limbs to begin breaking and falling on lines. Sounds like rifles going off during the night. Have also seen the entire tree simply give way and fall over pulling the roots out of the ground as it fell.

Phil in Tupelo":2xk3q8w2 said:
Had lunch today at Love's Truckstop in Tupelo MS. While there about 15 electric power trucks stopped for fuel. Terra Electric is what I think was on their jackets. Asked where they were headed and the guy said Little Rock. Wished them safety as well as all the good folk in AR as well as other areas. Had ice here about 1993. I was out of power about 2 hours. My mom about 30 miles west in the rural area about 10 days. Bless those hit and bless those trying to get the power back on!!

I saw a lot of trucks from south Alabama heading north through Mississippi yesterday. I hope all you guys in the path of this storm stays safe and has minimum damage.

dun":24atwt0r said:
The wife and I flew up to Albany New York right before that storm. It hit while we were there and had subsided by the time we left. I had never been through an ice storm like that before

hooknline":a1zdpkbs said:
dun":a1zdpkbs said:
The wife and I flew up to Albany New York right before that storm. It hit while we were there and had subsided by the time we left. I had never been through an ice storm like that before
I flew over an area that had an icestorm in norht carolina probably in the late 60s. The ground really looked spooky with all that glittery white as far as the eye could see.
What is kind of funny, in a warped way, is that my traveing through this area in an icestorm in 65 was what made me want to live here. Not because of the ice but because the locals took us in like we were long lost relatives until the roads cleared. I decidedfrom that I would like to live in a community that was so kind and generous. This many years later and I haven;t been disappointed, it's still has a great amd friendly community spirit.

dun":3qpokshn said:
hooknline":3qpokshn said:
dun":3qpokshn said:
I flew over an area that had an icestorm in norht carolina probably in the late 60s. The ground really looked spooky with all that glittery white as far as the eye could see.
What is kind of funny, in a warped way, is that my traveing through this area in an icestorm in 65 was what made me want to live here. Not because of the ice but because the locals took us in like we were long lost relatives until the roads cleared. I decidedfrom that I would like to live in a community that was so kind and generous. This many years later and I haven;t been disappointed, it's still has a great amd friendly community spirit.
That's pretty cool. There's a bunch of good people out there

Latest posts