Ice Age Cometh..

Help Support CattleToday:

Life is good!!! Got above 0 today, sunshine no wind. Pups played, took off the coveralls, MAN :shock: You have no idea. :welcome: What Y'all downsout folks are missing.

Got back in from feeding hay trees limbs every where sounds like loggers are in every direction by the sounds of crashing of trees and limbs. The power lines are about 3 inches now been on aux. power since 10 am. The radio stated that 90% of the county was out of elect. will not expect to go back on rural wires for about a week to two weeks. We are out in a rough area to work will be the last to get repaired.
This morning went to feed had a 450 to 500 lb steer with a broken leg. He was real week the reason there were coyotes trying to do him in and would have if had not got him into the pens. Splinted his leg hope this will work was broken into and out through skin. Can't get a vet or get to one they would not do
more either. Loaded him up with penn.and banamine .

Tomorrow is gonna be GREAT!!! Its supposed to be above 0 and only 6 to 8 inches of snow expected!! WOOOO!! HOOOO!! Spring is a comming!!! :banana:

We be lovin that global warmin!!

Lots of ice here. No power and even the major cell phone companies have been down all day. Trees down everywhere hate to see all my fence. Been a lot of rain after getting all the ice, right at freezing now and more on the way. :mad:

went back out and fed this evening had 2 sets of cows and 4 bulls that had gotten together the bungee gates on the hot wire had stretched and hit the ground. was planning on pulling bulls this weekend. jsut left them together bulls weren't fighting too much and with ice every where the elec isn't going to stop them anyhow. so far we haven't lost power, at 6pm we had over an 4 inches of sleet on top of the ice and it had started raining again turning all the sleet into a solid sheet of ice
started sleeting about 8pm and is still sleeting and snowing now at midnite

I hear that south of us in Ark you guys are having it rough Like you said Hill if I lose power I will be one of the last ones back on unless I can talk my buddies that work at the coop into getting me back up and running I am at the end of the line and their new manager at our local office is a A$$ hole so who know when the hurricane came thru in sept. I was out for about16 hrs

Goodluck evreyone and be careful

It's 12 degrees here this morn.(brrrrrr) Too dark to see if their;s much ice,but the cars and trucks over on 287 are going at a snail pace.

Cal

There must have been several zamboni drivers on the roads last night. Those machines do a fine job except I haven't owned a pair of ice skates in nearly 30 years.

"Essential personnel must report to work" . Since when am I essential?

Ya'll be careful out there. It is easier to drive on it than to walk on it. I nearly fell several times getting from the parking lot to the building.

What a night, what a morning this is going to be. Trees are sagging big time. Power is still on, knock on wood. The rain is going to quit and we'll get 3 or 4 inches of snow on top of the ice which is on top of 5 inches of snow. Lovely.

john250":396d9vnf said:
What a night, what a morning this is going to be. Trees are sagging big time. Power is still on, knock on wood. The rain is going to quit and we'll get 3 or 4 inches of snow on top of the ice which is on top of 5 inches of snow. Lovely.

John,I don't exactly no where you are located but I do know that in my years of over the road driving I got held up by snow and ice 4 times between Indy and Terre Haute(sp) Ind on I 70.

Cal

Calman":s5ydii2z said:
john250":s5ydii2z said:

John,I don't exactly no where you are located but I do know that in my years of over the road driving I got held up by snow and ice 4 times between Indy and Terre Haute(sp) Ind on I 70.

Cal

I'm maybe 90 miles SE of Indy, but the weather is about the same. We get some great ice storms.

I'm maybe 90 miles SE of Indy, but the weather is about the same. We get some great ice storms.[/quote]

Is that somewhere close to SANTA CLAUSE Ind?

Cal

We got ice and 3" of sleet and snow on top of that, all schools are closed an some businesses will be closed. The timber is heavy with ice, the power is still on for now.
85,000 people are without power just north of me.

Well weare still in the dark. Rain all night and now snowing hard. Cell phones come and go, they say towers are down. Laptop battery about to go, back to the old days now.

30 degrees this morning, the "rain" is fininshed. Poured 2 drops out of the rain gauge and shook the third out.

This is not "tongue in cheek" folks, I feel for you, I hate/fear ice storms much, much more than -30F. Hang in there, hope the thawing out starts soon.

Latest posts