I would like to buy Feeder Calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Rhea/Fehrle Farms

Reaction score
I would like to buy some feeder calves weighing no more then 350 lbs. Will pay reasonable prices looking to establish a realtionship with a indivdual and buy there bull calves on a yearley occurrence!! No Holsteins

You can contact me at [email protected]

Not trying to be a jerk but you've got to put more info than this. Where are you located would be a good start. :)

Yes.

How many?

There are some folks who calved out heifers. "First calf heifers" to some on this forum. Two I know are interested in turning those calves light such that these young cows can grow out properly. Aint seen the calves. Just been approached and I am not interested. Its only going to be about 25 altogether.

Sorry Guys I'm located in Franklin Ky 45 minutes north of Nashville TN right off 1-65. I'm looking 30-40 bull calves weaned about 250-300 pounds!! They do not have to be steers or had shot i'm willing to take care of all of the maintenance part of this!! I dont not want holsteins,Jersey or longhorn cattle. Would pefer angus,hereford,charlois!! I would pefer not to have and hefiers also if at all possible!!

Sorry if it is a silly question, but who "weans" 250 lb calves? I have some spring bull calves born 3rd week in March that are 190-195 lb as of last week. Not that far from 250 but a long ways from weanable, in my rookie opinion.

Jim

I agree about them being too small but each year I buy some for both me and a couple of other people. I buy some that have not been wintered well and usually not weaned.
If my cows did not do better than that they would be the ones being sold.

SRBeef":2esi4lbk said:
Sorry if it is a silly question, but who "weans" 250 lb calves? I have some spring bull calves born 3rd week in March that are 190-195 lb as of last week. Not that far from 250 but a long ways from weanable, in my rookie opinion.

Jim

Jim some folks actually do it on first calvers. Got a few telling me all about it. They got these registered gals that's going to make them millions and they want them to grow out perfectly. "The guy who sold them to them told them they'd make lots of money"
:D

They'll do okay on the steers but they're going to eat it on the heifers unless they truck them away from this market.

SRBeef":2cdduo91 said:

Jim

The guy I get my Angus calves from does not creep feed. He weans at 6 months. Most of his calves weigh about 300 - 375 lbs. They are always small. I think he's nuts not to throw a little grain on them. The calves fatten right up within a few months of getting some grain and always gain well for me.

I paid 80 cents a pound live weight for the last ones I bought from him. I sometimes can get them cheaper at the stock sale, but you never know what your getting down there. Prices are up right now.

Bottle Calves are usually weaned around 250 also just for the fact milk replacer is more expensive then a little grain!! I'm looking for around 1.15-1.20 dollar range which you are saving a sellers premium by selling them to me instead of at auction!!