I Was Right!

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
For the last year I kept telling hubby that the brakes on our 1 ton crew cab were making noise and something was wrong. He kept telling me it was a rock in the brake.
Well we need new rotors on it now!

Was in town for a doctors appointment on Wednesday and as I was backing up it felt like I hit something. Got out and looked, nothing. On the way home it kept feeling like something was grabbing. Was doing it again today. Told hubby enough and check it out. Came in and told me we need all new rotors and too bad we did not catch it sooner! :mad: :mad:
He left the house rather quickly as I turned the air blue.

Our local auto parts store was having a sale on brake rotors.. about $35 each for a 94-01 dodge truck... Not worth resurfacing them anymore

I luv herfrds":2y3v41q0 said:
For the last year I kept telling hubby that the brakes on our 1 ton crew cab were making noise and something was wrong. He kept telling me it was a rock in the brake.
Well we need new rotors on it now!

Was in town for a doctors appointment on Wednesday and as I was backing up it felt like I hit something. Got out and looked, nothing. On the way home it kept feeling like something was grabbing. Was doing it again today. Told hubby enough and check it out. Came in and told me we need all new rotors and too bad we did not catch it sooner! :mad: :mad:
He left the house rather quickly as I turned the air blue.

What would have wrong with you driving into a brake center and asking them to check the brakes. After all you are not helpless.

hurleyjd when I took the truck in to have the tires rotated I asked them to look and they also told me nothing was wrong. That the pads had plenty of wear on them and the rotors were fine. These guys also said it was dust in there causing the noise.
So you see I am not helpless.

Even my son who is going into diesel tech told me nothing was wrong and he checked them out too. He was also too busy nagging me about the local ambulance 19-9 that now has a miss in to worry about the brakes in my truck.

Named'em Tamed'em":217g2c86 said:
greybeard":217g2c86 said:
If a man is right and there's no woman around to tell him he isn't--is he still wrong?
I'm not sure, but if you fart and your wife isn't there it doesn't stink.

Something sure stinks about this post.

My 08 chevy 1/2 ton would eat the rear drum breaks in 1/2 the miles as the front disk breaks. The first time I wore through the rear pads in less than 40k mi. I was pulling up to a stop sign on a FM road and the rear calipers blew. Barely got slowed down enough to roll through the stop sign. Not fun.

There is part on the brake pads that when they get thin there will be a noise. It scratches the rotor and you can hear it.

Just remembered my foreman years ago. His brakes on his Dodge were making noise and we all bugged him about it. (Myself and 3 other guys) He finally decided to check his brakes. The pads were completely gone and he needed new rotors too! He had to replace everything on his braking system.

What can I say most men I know prefer to work on their own vehicles rather then take them somewhere else.

Why didn't you get the brakes checked out yourself? A rock in the brake can cause damage too.
Brakes aren't anything to mess with.

I meant, why did you not check it when you first noticed the problem instead of waiting so long? You are really lucky that something did not go wrong and cause an accident.

The thing I don't understand is how you or anyone can drive around in a truck for months listening to metal grinding on metal for all those months without doing anything. For me it's usually the other way around, I'll get in my wife's car, drive, go home and ask her how long it's been making that noise. I'm with chippie, you should have gave hubby one chance to check it then took it in yourself.

I luv Herefords you have been thoroughly chastised, now do not let this happen again. A stitch in time saves nine. LOL

Latest posts