I think....

Help Support CattleToday:

MurraysMutts

Reaction score
This calf is out of my lil ultrablack cross bull that disappeared. Most my other calves have some kind of white on em from my bwf bull. And not near as much ear.
No real way to know I guess.
Hes the only baby in the pasture right now, all the others are bigger and weaning. Poor lonely lil bull calf....

I take that back. Seven is out there, but shes not a real baby anymore...

Got the lil bugger tagged. Hes about a month old now.
He got to where he wouldnt come in the pen with everyone else now. I actually tagged him about a week ago in the wrong ear and backwards! B4 I could get another button for my tagger, he crawled under the pen and out.
Roped his lil arse and snubbed him to a post in the field this time. (Just like a real cowboy... lmao!) :cowboy: Went for my tagger in my back pocket, and the tagger was there but the tag was not!!!
Fortunately it was only about 30 feet away. Rope was only 15 feet. Lol
Tied him off. Got the tag. Tagged and done!
Ain't this fun!

P.s. This is peewee's half brother. Same mama. Much better bull. Hes a lively one, but never made a sound thru the whole deal. Mama move up about 45 days too. Pretty good for a first calf heifer to breed back that fast.

Murray, what do you mean the bull that disappeared? You mean he's lost and gone forever?

Yeah.
He was at my place for a while.
I took him to my lease place, and he up and vanished. Near as I could tell, he hung out there for about 9 days.
This will be the only calf I got out of him.
Enough time has passed now that anyone at the lease place will be bred to either my bwf bull. Or my charolais. Theres a bunch of heifers over there, so we are gonna see what happens.
The charolais bull on heifers calves should be here by the end of the year.

This is the lil black bull that disappeared.
He wasnt much, but the easiest to load and move. Halter broke and all.

I nearly screw up by tagging the wrong ear, or have the tag backward at least once a year.. I managed to do it perfectly this year.. except I screwed up on numbering and have 2 of them with an 8H tag!

ALACOWMAN said:
Being broke as he was.is probably why he vanished..lead him right on the trailer..and gone, gone,gone..

I certainly thought about that....
I mean, no one knew he was like that, and it usually took a bit of walking to catch his silly butt. But once the halter was on..... he was a puppy. Lol
None of the locks or gates were disturbed.
Was just one of those odd things I guess.

Nesikep said:
I nearly screw up by tagging the wrong ear, or have the tag backward at least once a year.. I managed to do it perfectly this year.. except I screwed up on numbering and have 2 of them with an 8H tag!

Haha! Least I ain't the only one.
Bad this is, I only have one style tagger. Why is that so difficult to remember? Lol

MurraysMutts said:
ALACOWMAN said:
Being broke as he was.is probably why he vanished..lead him right on the trailer..and gone, gone,gone..

I certainly thought about that....
I mean, no one knew he was like that, and it usually took a bit of walking to catch his silly butt. But once the halter was on..... he was a puppy. Lol
None of the locks or gates were disturbed.
Was just one of those odd things I guess.

Bet he has some wicked stories to tell of bright lights, probes and strange beings.....

Latest posts