I rode bridle-less today!

Help Support CattleToday:

smart_slider

Reaction score
i am pretty excited. i rode my 4 year old filly without a halter, headstall, etc. she had some GORGEOUS(sp?) stops, and roll backs. i will try to get some pics up in the next few days. thanx, SS

aw, thanx Miss Daisy. i have been trying to get a hang of this reining thing. if i ever do, i know i may have a nice freestyle mare. ;-)

Very cool! I'm working up to that point with my mare. She'll ride nice now in a bitless bridle (one of those cross under Dr Cooks bridles) and on a loose rein with that. She just needs those rein cues still to move her front end around... What do you do to cue the shoulders when you're bridleless? Do you use a rope around their neck? I've seen people go totally "nekkid" on the front, no neck rope, and I just don't think I'm talented enough for that, lol.

i have been working her on her spins; a bump with the spur is to speed up, and if i hold it in to turn. sit to stop, etc. i took her bit from her mouth, and strung the reins under her neck just in case. i hope i get a chance to do it again this week. :D

Latest posts