I really don't like the gov./Finding tools on the road

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Today, the family and I had to run an errand in downtown Nashville, Tn. (I really don't like the city) to go to one of the st. gov buildings (despise!). We had a small home business that we CLOSED 6 years ago and they (gov.) sent us a tax statement in Feb. saying we hadn't paid our taxes for 2010 business year and they even had made up a random amount! The business has been officially closed down for 6 years and we sent the proper paper work in when we closed it!!!!! But they (gov.) said we still must come down and give them some official paper work. To shorten the story somewhat, they were really rude to my wife and said they couldn't "officially" do it there!!!!!! These jerk offs are working for us (the public) and getting paid by OUR tax dollars!!!!!!!! I really believe many of them feel empowered with all the laws/rules on their side and are on somewhat of a power trip--rant over.

When we left we were driving down one of the city roads (busy) and I spotted some "vice grips" laying in the middle of the road. I quickly checked and there were no cars behind us so I stopped and told my wife to open the door fast and get those vice grips! It happened so fast she was like--what are you talking about!! She got them and it was like Christmas. I picked up this talent when I used to work at the local Nashville race track on the truck crew that cleaned up after wrecks and kept the track clear for racing. Anytime we went around the track we always were looking for tools that guys would accidentally leave on their race car when they would go out during practice sessions. My wife thinks I'm crazy. Oh yeah, they were made in the USA brand name "Vice Grips"!

I'd hate to know what they are going to fine you for not sending in the monthly and quarterly statements for the six years that you have been closed. The interest and penalties are going to be outrageous.

I got to spend all next week in Nashville at a seminar :mad: Maybe I will get lucky and find some vice grips too. I need a new pair :D I'm going to stay in a hotel instead of cummuting the 70 miles one way each day. I hate traffic :mad:

My feelings about the goverment is pretty much the same. Good eyes on finding the vise grips. Hoss our county has more deer than people or so I am told. But that has its hazards also, but it sure does beat road rage. :bang:

Those vise grips probably fell off of a government truck, and were at one time worth $100. I wouldn't be surprised if the next bill you got was for them.

The government always spends money before they receive it and when they don't receive the taxes that they projected they would receive, its automatically assumed that they are getting cheated. They don't have a clue as to whom the culprit maybe so they will send bills to everybody they can. I have gotten some along the same lines as you, and if you don't keep up with your paperwork, there is little you can do but pay them. I have to calm myself down and repeatedly tell myself that they are only doing what they are getting paid to do before I even call them, but it will usually never last until the end of the conversation.

Speaking of the government I'm beginning to get a changed attitude about them as I have recently learned it is set forth in our state's regulations that gasoline used for prescribed burning is to be sold for $2.39 /gal and diesel for $2.75/gal. I'm thinking of filling my nurse tank with diesel and another 500 gallon tank with gasoline which I will surely burn a tank at a time. Not providing this service would surely be a sign of discrimination since it is mandated in their policy and procedure manual so either way I'm golden. And what would Charlie say about this? I'll let my man explain.

[youtube]9QS0q3mGPGg[/youtube]

Jogeephus":2zronx99 said:
I'd hate to know what they are going to fine you for not sending in the monthly and quarterly statements for the six years that you have been closed. The interest and penalties are going to be outrageous.

They at least have acknowledged we don't owe anything but are being so difficult just making it officially closed.

It will remain difficult until you find the right person to talk to but there are just so many to choose from. Its amazing how one incompetent person can make your life miserable.

It seems that lately, anyone working for any government agency (assuming they have a brain) is working diligently trying to justify their position. I'd be willing to bet $10 (if I had $10) that the overall government payroll could be cut by 50% and nobody would ever notice the difference.

A flat tax. 1-2 percent off the gross of aything you make no matter what your pay check gross is...no deductions no forms just removed and sent in. What would that save us in IRS payroll? What would that do for revenue? Heavy fines for under the table pay. If you draw Goc subsidies, welfare, food stamps...you pay 1-2 percent like everyone else and you have to work for it. Get your check on Friday after you pick up trash along the highway, mow the grass around Gov buildings something. JMHO.

Latest posts