I just delcared war

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
The feral hogs are back. Big time. It looks like I might break my 43 trapped in one week record.

They came all at once again.

today i was walking out in the pasture checking to see if i had anything green coming up and i thought i heard a growl.
i turn around and about 50 yds away a big black sow is pacing back and forth and making a grunting noise, she mast have a litter out there.

Kewl. Why are they back?? That is the question you should ask if you dont want them around. What are doing with em? They bring good money near houston. They sell em in the Asian and Pakistani markets. How many traps are you running? Peace.

We just started getting them a couple of years ago. When we shoot in them they seem to move for a while and then come right back. Any suggestions for getting rid of them for good?

Kingfisher":314wm65b said:
How many traps are you running? Peace.
Looks like.......not enough :lol: .

Drove around some backroads yesterday (snooping :roll: ) Just north of us, a coastal patch was just torn up. 'Tain't funny.

kenny thomas":3chl5eam said:
We just started getting them a couple of years ago. When we shoot in them they seem to move for a while and then come right back. Any suggestions for getting rid of them for good?

Kenny I don't think there is such a thing as getting rid of them for good.They are nomadic and travel from place to place.They always return.I think they just remain in one place until they get everything tore all to he!! and then they move on. But you can bet sooner or later they WILL return. :mad: :mad:

Cal

Sounds right. They tore up everything all summer and fall and then seemed to leave. Found out a cattleman was feeding silage about 4 miles east and they were lots of them there.

You can get rid of them with the right trap or clay pigeons. Forget those little traps and make you one about 1/2 acre big and wire the gate open. Keep it baited and put a game camera on it when the whole herd starts feeding in it set it. Usually takes about a week and they will start entering the trap.

backhoeboogie":8nlmxgon said:
The feral hogs are back. Big time. It looks like I might break my 43 trapped in one week record.

Is a feral hog the same as a wild hog? Only been to Texas once so excuse my lack of knowledge but I'm curious.

1982vett":95p6i82f said:
Kingfisher":95p6i82f said:
How many traps are you running? Peace.
Looks like.......not enough :lol: .

Drove around some backroads yesterday (snooping :roll: ) Just north of us, a coastal patch was just torn up. 'Tain't funny.
Can I come up this week and help you>? :)

Caustic Burno":2fd7t86m said:
You can get rid of them with the right trap or clay pigeons. Forget those little traps and make you one about 1/2 acre big and wire the gate open. Keep it baited and put a game camera on it when the whole herd starts feeding in it set it. Usually takes about a week and they will start entering the trap.

Down in South Texas the Federal Trappers build a big snail trap out of tin...............they catch a bunch at once when they do....out in the tomato fields.

novaman":1fv7tz5l said:
backhoeboogie":1fv7tz5l said:

Is a feral hog the same as a wild hog? Only been to Texas once so excuse my lack of knowledge but I'm curious.
Feral is the same as wild...........but pigs are not the same as Javelina!

Some of the "game ranches" brought in Russain Boar. They escaped. Life aint never been the same.

Some of the hogs you catch look like they have mostly Duroc bloodlines. Others are wooly boogers. Most all of them eat the same.

Some guy on Texas Boars was wanting to buy ferals for his "game preserve". I commented and got banned from the site. :D :D :D Go figure. It just let me know what Texas Boars has become. It has gone through three evolutions.

Have you ever heard the term "riding piggy back?" I have seen hogs running around the perimiter of a pen and shoats get on their back riding right along with them. The shoats will try to jump our of a 6 foot pen and almost make it. My pen has a top around the perimeter. It has a lot of bends in it.

Cow panels will not hold hogs. They get their heads through and wiggle to break the welds. Or else they die hanging half way through. You have to use panels with 4 inch grid to hold them. When I see all those "game fences", I know they are a joke.

Anyone is welcome to hogs I trap. But they leave my place field dressed. Count on it.

Latest posts