I hate Coons.

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Dang destructive things emptied two feeder's in this cold snap.
Grease on the legs got hard enough I guess they went right up them.
Hung on the feeders till they got them pulled down and the drums emptied.
I think I just might do a little hunting out of a box stand with a 22LR and thin this population down.
Hate to burn 22 ammo. Shoot the first one the rest will run up a tree around the feeder.

We started using the 5 gal feeders with a rope over a tree limb and it hung 6 ' off the ground. One stand there was 8 one night on camera.

M5farm":18yffv88 said:
We started using the 5 gal feeders with a rope over a tree limb and it hung 6 ' off the ground. One stand there was 8 one night on camera.

I would never get to set down refilling them. Pulled the game camera pics today they
looked like a herd of hogs under the feeders.
I have four 55 gallon drums two on timers two self feeders.
On a side note I am pretty fond of bar-b-que coon as well.

Caustic Burno":2c01rfbe said:
M5farm":2c01rfbe said:

I would never get to set down refilling them. Pulled the game camera pics today they
looked like a herd of hogs under the feeders.
I have four 55 gallon drums two on timers two self feeders.
On a side note I am pretty fond of bar-b-que coon as well.

Don't pitch the hides they should bring enough to buy cold drinks for the feast.

I had a deer feeder behind my parents house and kept a live trap set close to it...caught 15 in one year. My buddy enjoyed turning a live coon out in front of his young coon hounds.

Caustic Burno":1jyexddr said:
I think I just might do a little hunting out of a box stand with a 22LR and thin this population down.
Hate to burn 22 ammo. Shoot the first one the rest will run up a tree around the feeder.

Every animal in the bush needs to make a living

Bez

Caustic Burno":2ik03qe8 said:

What do you consider a "good" use of it ?

3waycross":1gd053pi said:
Caustic Burno":1gd053pi said:

What do you consider a "good" use of it ?

With the price of 22 lr I can shoot them cheaper with a 223.
22 ammo around here is rare as chicken lips.

Jed I thought about loading some shells with F shot that put about 30 pellets per shell.

You might blast them to pieces with a .223. I once shot a 25 pound hog with a .223, the bullet blew a hole the size of a tennis ball in its head. I can't imagine what it would do to a raccoon.
Or you could just get your deer to act like M5farm's deer.

Backbone Ranch":32vxkr3d said:
You might blast them to pieces with a .223. I once shot a 25 pound hog with a .223, the bullet blew a hole the size of a tennis ball in its head. I can't imagine what it would do to a raccoon.
Or you could just get your deer to act like M5farm's deer.

I need to get some of those deer, I think the coons are whipping mine.
If it every quits raining the problem on the feeders will be solved.
I have a coupe of yellow jackets in the barn I forgot about, I am going to do a little lighting up for the party.
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html ... b0d0204ae5

Latest posts