I think I have a cougar around

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
The fact that I might have a cougar around is not shocking news. There are lots of them in the area. Any how, my irrigated ground is split in two by the Burnt River. The house sits on the South side of the river and the county road is over on the North side. So every morning at sun rise I take the dog out for a walk out the driveway over to the county road and back. There is no shortage of deer. I have seen as many as 32 deer on this morning walk. Deer on both sides of the river. So for the last 4 or 5 days there hasn't been a deer on the south side. About a month ago there was 15-16 deer on the north side. Mid day a doe and two fawns came down the hill above the county road like someone set their tail on fire. The next day and for about a week there were no deer on that side. I am assuming the deer know when there is a cat hanging out. If I were to see this cat I would put and end to his reign of terror. But they are sneaky critters.

wbvs58":3g67gkzs said:
What, with the young piece that ran out of fuel down by the river and now a cougar is after you Dave. Sounds like the place to be.

Ken
Sounds dangerous! :lol:

Well the Mountain Lion (note I didn't call it a cougar) might have moved on. There was 32 deer this morning. Most were still on the north side but there was 7 on the south side.
I guess I can't refer to this big cat as a cougar because of the other meanings to the word. I will try to remember to take the time to type out mountain lion.

The sun was up yet over Lookout Mountain and the Durkee Valley. It was 37 degrees this morning. Our coolest morning so far. The deer were really bunched up out in the hay fields.

Latest posts