I got bit by a snake today!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

I know what you mean. Because I do not have a phobia about them, I just don't seem to see them. The person next to me is the one who sees them first.

I can count on one hand how many snakes I have seen since we have been here. Never one close and as I don't drink maybe I am safer!!!!!

Standard first aid for a athletic injury such as knee or ankle is RICE. Rest, ice, compression, elevation to reduce swelling.
Maybe this snake bite bandage is to give compression to keep down swelling. I don't think the bite area should be elevated though.

I think the bandage is to help stop the venom spreading. Staying still as possible is best. If an ambulance can come to you, better. If not then you don't have much choice.

I got a feeling that I could drive faster than an ambulance. :lol2: This thread reminds me of something funny. We had a trespasser who snuck on some property after his wife dropped him off. When he got to his ladder stand a big diamondback bit him in the leg. (That reminds me. I never thanked the snake) This rocket scientist must have watched daniel boone on tv as a child cause he cut his leg open and poured gunpowder in his leg and ignited it like Boone did. He told a mutual friend that when he did this he "commenced to dying". :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Oh, he's ok but is as stupid as ever.

Latest posts