I could see this being useful

Help Support CattleToday:

I bet they cost a pretty penny.

Is this like the bomb shelter craze 50 years ago?

Could something like this, with the associated preparation, really offer long-term survive-ability if there was a total breakdown of law? And, what's the chances of that?

Or,, Is it just a physiological placebo?

I am not dismissing the idea of preparedness. I really am considering the same, but then sometimes I feel like maybe I am crazy to even consider it.

Never saw a power supply for it. A lot of appliances that require power. In case of a nuke attack how will you be able to breath and clean the air that you need. Good idea and also in case of the nuke attack you might as well get life over with quickly instead of dieing a slow death from radiation and contamination that would last a long time.

hurleyjd":2c3loq6p said:
Never saw a power supply for it. A lot of appliances that require power. In case of a nuke attack how will you be able to breath and clean the air that you need. Good idea and also in case of the nuke attack you might as well get life over with quickly instead of dieing a slow death from radiation and contamination that would last a long time.
I don't think the fear is a nuke attack anymore. I think the fear now the complete breakdown of the financial system and civil government, euphemistically called the "zombie apocalypse", where anarchy rules.

Guy up the road sells and installs them. They aren't too expensive. I don't quite understand how he mounts them in the ground though because we have such a high water table if you empty a swimming pool at the wrong time of the year it will float out of the ground.

HDRider":19g42xg4 said:
hurleyjd":19g42xg4 said:
I don't think the fear is a nuke attack anymore. I think the fear now the complete breakdown of the financial system and civil government, euphemistically called the "zombie apocalypse", where anarchy rules.

I read too many books

http://www.amazon.com/Going-Home-Novel- ... going+home

cross_7":2ipjiv1r said:
HDRider":2ipjiv1r said:
hurleyjd":2ipjiv1r said:

I read too many books

http://www.amazon.com/Going-Home-Novel- ... going+home
The internet is a feeding frenzy for conspiracy and fear..

http://memoryholeblog.com/2014/12/26/fi ... andy-hook/

Social_Media_Marketing-512.png

Jogeephus":2gar4fqo said:
Guy up the road sells and installs them. They aren't too expensive. I don't quite understand how he mounts them in the ground though because we have such a high water table if you empty a swimming pool at the wrong time of the year it will float out of the ground.
Define not too expensive. That's a relative term

Jogeephus":30ufh3e1 said:
I think they start around $3000 then you go up from there.
I would have guessed much more. I would have thought $3K just to get it set, wired and plumbed.

There's a place near Conroe that sells and installs them too--I haven't looked in to them and probably won't.
Not as long as the ones in Hook's link--just something for a small family to weather out a week or so underground.
The bomb shelters of the 60s were not very big either, and had a hand operated fan that brought in filtered air from topside and forced out "old" air at the same time thru displacement --it sure wasn't anything fancy back then.

THIS IS A CONELRAD ALERT!! Please tune your radio to 640 or 1240 on your dial and stand by.
89ac634a2051d3d6e981a9deeed718f4.jpg

technical_difficulties_brig.jpg

Hook, you could build your own with your welder because some of the one's I've seen are nothing but 6' galvanized pipe. Just need to seal the ends off, cut an opening and a vent and sink it in the ground. Some of the one's he sells are just this - others look to be fiberglass ball-like things. Don't know how to keep it from floating out of the ground though but I imagine he has to sink some anchors of some sort.

Hook":dn9ilx8t said:
Have you seen my welding skils? The dang thing would fill up with water.

Well you wouldn't go thirsty during the apocalypse. :lol2:

Could always lay a thick layer of tar on the outer walls. Probably be best to do this anyway. Or you could get a 1000 gal septic tank. Think they run about $1000. Knock the partition out and you'd have a nice room. (I actually thought of doing this myself. Be one he77 of a curing chamber)

The government was out in force last week spraying everything east, west, north, south there was chem trails ever where. Do you think that the shelter would protect us from the chem trails. What if you were in the shelter an someone for some reason put a thousand lb rock on top of the door.

There's a feller down the road from me that dug a big hole and pushed a school bus in it and covered it up. He cut a hole in the top and install a roof hatch and ladder to get in it. He has elec hooked to his house and has it set up to hook up a generator if needed. I suspect he has a other stuff in it besides shtf provisions.

Dangers tone I ever saw was 2200 sq ft built under a guys driveway. He said he had .5 million in it,and I would not doubt it from looking at it. 4 ft thick concrete walls and ceilings. Gen set with enough fuel to last 6 months. It was set up to house 10 people for 6 months. Seems like kind of over kill. I cannot think of four people I would not want to kill after being cooped up in a hole with, much less 10.

Latest posts